What are the differences between road names.

[color=blue]Hello everyone I hope you are having a good time.

I am in a pickle about the road names what are the differences between them.

For example ,

1. Plains [color=red]road
  2. Binswood [color=red]Avenue
  3. O`conor [color=red]Drive
  4. Springdale [color=red]Bluvard
  5. Elm[color=red] Street

Aveues and boulevards (note the spelling of the latter) tend to be wider, traditionally, though it is not always the case with modern names. Often it is just at the discretion of the town planners or whoever names the places.

Try Google… try Wikipedia… they are certainly cleverer than me: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_or_road_name

All your answers are there and you will be unpickled in no time…

Thank you so much for answering me.
Is it correct that the words ( Drive & boulevards ) added to the streets that have a trees on the right and left of it.

Thank you so much. However, I belong to this website and I prefer to ask here.

A boulevard would usually have trees, but I’ve known ‘drives’ that don’t.

I appreciate your cooperation on this.

I would warn you that in the US, especially in new housing developments, Street, Avenue, Drive, Place, and Lane all seemed to be used interchangeably. Actually, new subdivisions rarely use street anymore because it does not sound fancy enough. Boulevard still is usually a more major thoroughfare, often with a center median planted with trees (unless they were cut down and the median removed to widen the street sometime in the past :frowning: ).

The same is largely true in the UK: “Avenue”, “Drive” and “Place” are used more or less indiscriminately in new residential developments or industrial parks. “Street” tends to be restricted more to older thoroughfares in town centres. “Boulevard” is not terribly common in the UK in my experience, and would usually be restricted to major thoroughfares.