What are the characteristics of a good teacher?

I would like to say in a context of the characteristics of a good teacher that ,all teachers try to be good and they are respectful people.
First of all, a good teacher should have a strong social behavior and be good-tempered; in addition, it is better for he/she to develop his/her interest on students private life to help them more. Teachers who have friendly manner always can teach through the best ways ,and, they can help students more.I have seen an example of this. One of my teachers who had a friendly manner with her students could help my classmate to discover her illness .
Secondly, a good teacher should study more about the lessons that he/she wants to teach ,and ,he/she should know some ways to attract students on the lessons that sound boring.If a teacher knows some way to make students interested in lessons,then studying will be delighting for most students.
Thirdly, I think the speaker in the class should not be the teacher for all time, instead of this, it is better to let students speak about topics and listen to them. In this ways learning becomes very easy.
I came up the conclusion, being good-tempered and knowledgeable are two main characteristics of a good teacher, moreover, every teacher with his/her own character always try to help the students .
( I am new member. Can someone please grade my essay? Thanks :slight_smile:

TOEFL listening discussions: What problem does the student have?

Hi Ahmadi,

Welcome to this forum :slight_smile: I really like your ideas about the topic. However, you seem to have some troubles with your punctuation and grammar structures. Please review your essay and correct the punctuation first. I think proofreading is also a necessary skill of a good writer.

In both our personal and educational life we always deal with teachers. There are some characteristics which help teachers to be good and I want to write about these.However,In my idea most of teachers try to be good and they are respectful people.
First of all, a good teacher should have a strong social behavior and be good-tempered; in addition, it is better for he/she to develop his/her interest on students private life to help them more. Teachers who have friendly manner always can teach through the best ways and they can help students more.I have seen an example of this. One of my teachers who had a friendly manner with her students could help my classmate to discover her illness .
Secondly, a good teacher should study more about the lessons that he/she wants to teach and he/she should know some ways to attract students on the lessons that sound boring.If a teacher knows some way to make students interested in lessons then studying will be delighting for most students.
Thirdly, I think the speaker in the class should not be the teacher for all the time, instead , it is better to let students speak about topics and listen to them. In this way learning becomes very easy.
I came up the conclusion that being good-tempered and knowledgeable are two main characteristics of a good teacher, moreover, every teacher with his/her own characteristic always try to help the students .

In both personal and educational life we deal with teachers. There are some characteristics which help teachers to be good and I want to write about these.However,In my idea most of teachers try to be good and they are respectful people.
First of all, a good teacher should have strong social behavior and be good-tempered. In addition, it is better for he/she to develop his/her interest on students private life to help them more. Teachers who have friendly manner always can teach through the best ways and they can help students more.For instance one of my teachers who had a friendly manner with her students could help my classmate to discover her illness .
Secondly, a good teacher should study more about the lessons that he/she wants to teach and he/she should know some ways to attract students on the lessons that sound boring.If a teacher knows some way to make students interested in lessons then studying will be delighting for most students.Moreover, I think the speaker in the class should not be the teacher for all the time, instead , it is better to let students speak about topics and listen to them. In this way learning becomes very easy.For example,when I was a student my physics teacher tried to force students in attending class discussions and I found this method so useful.
I came up the conclusion that being good-tempered and knowledgeable are two main characteristics of a good teacher, moreover, every teacher with his/her own characteristic always try to help the students .

Could someone grade my essay please? :slight_smile: