What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)?

Essay plan

Qualities of good supervisor:

1. Excellent communication skills
  2. Knowledge and Efficiency
  3. Self discipline

Managing a group of people who all have different personalities, abilities and who may or may not interact well with each other is not an easy task. In my opinion, to be successful, supervisor needs to have following important qualities:
First of all, good supervisor needs excellent communication skills to give instructions very clearly so that every part is well understood in order to avoid mistakes. Supervisor also needs to listen carefully what employees tell him / her. A very good way to make sure someone has understood your instructions is to ask them to repeat everything in their own words.
Secondly, part of the supervisor’s job is to train others so it goes without saying that good supervisor should be at least one step ahead them. Another important quality is to have the next task ready to allocate to the right person not to let anyone to spend time doing nothing. Wise supervisor who have enough knowledge on his job will allocate responsibilities rightly and it will lead to more efficient job organization.
The last and in my opinion most important quality that each supervisor should have is self discipline. Usually employees follow supervisors example, therefore good supervisor have to be disciplined. It is not right to tell employee off for lateness if supervisor himself is always late.
In conclusion, I think good supervisor need to have excellent communication skills, knowledge to manage his / her team efficiently and discipline to be good example to other team members.

Planning helps to write essay easily and make it more structured.

Kitosdad could you correct and give some advices on my essay planning?

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university service representative

Essay plan

Qualities of good supervisor:

1. Excellent communication skills
  2. Knowledge and Efficiency
  3. Self discipline

Managing a group of people who all have different personalities, abilities and who may or may not interact well with each other is not an easy task. In my opinion, to be successful, A supervisor needs to have THE following important qualities:
First of all, A good supervisor needs excellent communication skills to BE ABLE TO give instructions very clearly so that every part is well understood in order to avoid mistakes. A supervisor also needs to listen carefully TO what employees tell him / her. A very good way to make sure someone has understood your instructions is to ask them to repeat everything in their own words.

Secondly, part of the supervisor’s job is to train others(,) so it goes without saying that A good supervisor should be at least one step ahead OF them. Another important quality is to have the next task ready to allocate to the right person(,) not to let anyone to spend time doing nothing. A wise supervisor who HAS enough knowledge REGARDING his job will allocate responsibilities rightly(,) and THIS will lead to more efficient job organization.
The last(,) and in my opinion most important quality that each supervisor should have(,) is self discipline. Usually employees follow THE supervisors example, therefore A good supervisor HAS to be disciplined. It is not right to tell employee off for lateness if THE supervisor himself is always late.

In conclusion, I think A good supervisor needS to have excellent communication skills, knowledge to manage his / her team efficiently and discipline to be A good example to other team members.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I think you planned and executed the essay quite well, however you show a marked
indifference in regard to using ARTICLES. Without these your work appears a little juvenile.

KItos. 8.5/10

Thank you, I will try to rewrite it.