What about creating a new column devoted to stylistics?

Good day,Torsten.

I have an idea - what about creating a new column devoted to stylistics and stylistic analysis? For me it’s not less important than other branches of English language. Please,tell me what’s your point of view to this suggestion.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Pamela,

Many thanks for submitting your proposal. If I understand you right, you want to start a new forum section that contains information on different communication styles and formality scale? Of course this is a very good idea. Could you please tell me more about the structure of this project? Are you talking about some type of manual that outlines the basic differences in style along with examples? What pieces of correspondence would you like to include?

Talk to you soon,
Torsten

PS: How often do you use the greeting Good day?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: An employee introduces the intern to her co-worker[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi,Torsten! My ideas are:it would be better to include some theoretical material about stylistics,stylistic devices with examples and many other things.And I’m sure that anybody will write questions,examples referring to stylistic analysis with request of explanation(examples may be taken from English literature)
p.s.I try to use Good day as often as possible :smiley:

Hi Pamela

That sounds like an interesting idea. To give everyone a better idea of exactly what you’re talking about, can you post a couple of examples?

Just a little tip for you:
“Good day” and “Good night” both have the sense of “goodbye”.

To say “hello” you should use Good morning / afternoon / evening

Basically, only in Australia and New Zealand would you hear a variation of “Good day” (G’day/gidday) to mean “hello”: G’day, mate. :wink:

Amy

Hi,Amy!
Yes,I know that Good day seems rather old-fashioned in the UK.But I’ve got used to using this expression :smiley:
p.s. tomorrow morning i’ll give you some examples and I hope you’ll support my initiative :smiley: .

I meant the following:imagine that there is a person who came across any stylisic device,styles in English literature and he is unaware of what stylistic device is used in a fragment of a story,what style and so on(stylistics borders are vast)
Then come we,who can shed light and help.
Recently one of the members of the forum asked a question dealing with stylistics
Simile into metaphor: Her cheeks are red as blood
[size=75]http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic9189.html#24677[/size]

Hi,Torsten!What are your ideas?

Hi Pamela,

Yes we will come back to your proposal, in the meantime you can let us know what you think of the TOEIC rap song.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A client thanks the gardener for his good work[YSaerTTEW443543]