What a strange day!

Thank you for searching and bringing here these interesting historical facts and also the pictures of Esfahan!
I can see the “city of Polish children” is really beautiful.

See you!

Well, YES, that’s the proper way to celebrate a wedding – for three days and three nights! (I learned that from the fairy tales what seems like a hundred years ago sometimes, and just like yesterday other times. Oh, and that they then lived happily ever after, of course!)

I’ve missed you taking part in our little conversations sometimes, too! :slight_smile:

I usually read your conversations, though don’t always have the time. I leap in when I have something specific to say, but you usually do a very good job without me. :slight_smile:

Dear Beees!

How nice that you wanted to sweat over my imperfect text.

You did it so well, as befits to our professor.

(By the way, this was my little provocation).

I do not want to say that I wrote something deliberately wrong. What, it’s not! The most important is, that I succeeded. Do it often-

please:-)

Dear Beees…

You said to Cristina ". My God-daughter got married on Saturday and the celebrations took up all of Saturday, then as many friends

and relatives were gathered anyway, we sort of unofficially continued celebrating right through to today!"

How much I was happy reading it!

After this gloomy and sad messages about the spine, it was so much consoling message.

I had imagined You,- when dancing in the strong arms of your partner in the dancing…

We all need such relaxing moments in our life.

For the remembering, and for improving our mood and health.

Dear Cristina!

Thank you very much for your very detailed explanation. You really do well managed to persuade me, that it wasn’t just stupid- to

mistake acacia with lilac. But don’t worry. Sometimes, I have so, that means that I talk nonsense. But you said something what

interested me. Remembering faces at first sight. Now I tell you something, what you won’t believe. I can’t recollect a little complicated

words at once, and the same is with the faces. I hardly can say the next. I had such capacity that i could draw portraits without looking

for the person or her photo. Savant idiot or so. I didn’t thought that it was something unusual. Until my daughter who is an architect (

what is important in this context) told me about it.

I stopped to draw anything long ago.

Oh! again… See you:-)

The figure of the Sants on the town hall. Town hall square in Gliwice.

My dear Moni!

If I hadn’t played the Wordfeud a while ago, I

could have thought that you exploded with pride.

After reading this praising you by Beees.

Anyway, I am proud of you!:-))

Hi Alicia,

I wasn’t just referring to Monica! It was a plural ‘you’, not a singular one. You should be proud of yourself too! :wink:

Dear Bees!

It is so nice of You that you corrected my mistake.

I thought that your message was written under the text of Monica. Whereas it was written under the Cristina’s message.

Oh! Only Cristina was a victim because of me.

Sorry Cristina!:-((

Of course Monica also deserved to be prised.

And me by chance also could hear something nice:-)

Thank You Dear Bees!

“All is well what ends well!”

Dear Alicja,

It seems that that is another trait we have in common – to some extent, anyway. I also used to sketch a bit, though mostly landscapes. I was never so good as to even attempt to draw a real person’s portrait – let alone drawing a portrait from memory as you did – but I did sketch a few imaginary portraits.
I’ve always wondered about how much of a difference some training would make to someone with a bit of talent in drawing and painting.

Which reminds me [and this is where I start to get really chatty]… :-)))

… as I said earlier, I spent my last few summers back home (I lived in a block of flats in Bucharest until the age of twenty-five but my mother has moved back into the country in the meanwhile), and as I was cleaning the attic one day I looked out the window. My mother’s house lies right at the edge of the village and so, from up there, there’s nothing much to see but field, a small forest to the left and then to the right the land slopes into a valley which nestles a narrow pond; there’s nothing awe-inspiring about this view really, but it is quite peaceful. So I called to my sister who was busying herself with the children just below the attic’s window:
“Hey, Chubby!” (That would be the nickname I gave her quite some time ago when she was only a teenager as thin as a rake, and she’s no chubby now either.) “I think this is where I’ll have my drawing studio in twenty years’ time or so!”
“Yeah, you’re going to make me wait another twenty years for those paintings I placed orders for a few years ago?”, she answered.
“Again with the paintings! You know I just used to draw, and I’ve never really painted!”
“Well, tell that to your mother!”, my sister returned. “Because I’m not buying it – I know you can paint!”
“Well, a painter’s materials are expensive stuff and since they are not on my priorities list, I say that if you’re willing to pay for the paints, then I’m quite willing to waste them!”

By the way, your town seems charming!

Oh, and I quite like that term they coined, “an idiot savant”, i.e. “a wise idiot”. (Our friend Google tells us something along these lines: “Used to describe individuals remarkably endowed in some highly specific ability, but severely handicapped in others. Some of these narrow-band geniuses can, for example, remember every single telephone number of a complete telephone book. The term ‘autistic savant’ is now preferred.”)

A new title for your thread today:

What an important day today!

Because…

Happy Birthday, my dear Friend Alicja!

Best wishes of health and happiness and kind regards for you on this special day!

I wish you have reasons to be smiling every day and enjoy all the good moments which are about to come, including a day in June when you know…
Me? I can’t wait! a coffee and a cake, a glass of wine together? Celebrating your birthday, my birthday, our friendship, everything, yes?

Many hugs till then,
With love,
Monica

Happy Birthday, dear Alicja!

May you have health, love, laughter, happiness and piles of money!

Of course, your favourite flower cannot miss from my message :slight_smile:

Thank You my dearest friend Moni!

It’s really breathtaking! I didn’t deserve it.

Waiting sometimes is also great pleasure. Let your wishes come true.

Your Alicja:-))

Of course you deserve it!
And much more! You heard Rebecca…

:slight_smile:

Dear Cristina!

Thank you very much for your so nice and so rich

wishes. I see how nice , modest and good person

you are.

I hope that we will have a lot to tell one anothe.

You just gave a very good begining of it.

I strated to write message to you when I noticed

the wishes from you to me.

It is late now . So at least I send the first part of my message:

Dear Cristina!

…I was in the secondary school. I was interested

in the young man from the other class with

different to my class speciality. My class was

about buildings, his about roads and bridges. My

class on the ground floor his on the second floor.

We had possibility to meet only in the tram,

because we were living in Gliwice, and our

school was in Zabrze. I never talked with him. I

made a portrait of his. In color on the black

background. The boys from my class dragged it

from my backpack and they shown it around the

school. Everybody had recognised whose was

this portrait. You can imagine how ashamed I

was. This story had its influance on my future…

Many hugs and kisses to you Cristina.:slight_smile:

My dear Moni!

I was so much enchanted by your angel voices !

I boasted of it by sharing them with my friends.

I had a great temptation to sent part of it to the forum. But I had no idea how to do it.

Rebecca has so lowely and mature voice. It is hard to believe that it belongs to the small child.

I love you both! Kisses:-))

Oh, thank you dear Alicja!
Nice words about my niece. You know I’m proud of her.
Children grow up rapidly. Yes, she heard me saying that it was your birthday, asked for my phone, found you ( by your photo of course) on whatsap and said she wanted to tell you Happy birthday,to send you smily faces and from here, all the rest.
It seems that we exchange presents lately! Beautiful heart! It must be sweet :slight_smile:
Look what I brought you from the city today:
These toys are there for the Easter time but I’m giving them to you, my friend:

And also all these tulips - they are all yours, I hope you like them:

:-))

Dear Cristina.

If I remember well, you were looking for the drawing course.

Recently something like this has flashed me in the Internet.

So I checked it up and I found many links refering to this topic.

It is one from them. “http://www.kurs-rysunku.net.pl/” what means: " drawing-course."

See You:-)

My dear Moni!

Thank you so much, so much.

Aren’t you too generous?

Thanks you, that I won’t be bored -never since.

I love tulips. They are one from the earliest Spring flowers. We are missing flowers very much, after the long winter time.

I love Rebecca even more after her singing “happy birtday Alicia”- in two languages:-))

Do you like Birds? :-))

Nice of you Cristina that you noticed it.

My town Gliwice is kept-well. Eventually we have all materials to renovation and cleaning. In tha

past Poland was the mock for our neighbour countries. There was lack of everything. I suffered strongly about it.

I am seldom in the centre of the town. When I go through the town many memories have came to my mind. Nearly every street and

many buildings recalls the events or people connected with the place. When I am with my son I tell him about it.

The worst thing is when it is tied with the person who passed away. Like the very liked by me my piano teacher. The town has changed

diametrically since my childhood. It isn’t my birth place. But I have been living here the longest.

See you Cristina!:slight_smile:

Gliwice.The old part of the town.

Dear Alicja,

Just like you, I stopped drawing many years ago. I only meant that I’ve always been curious to know if taking some kind of training is of considerable use or if, ultimately, it’s only a person’s talent that matters (not sure I’ve explained it any better this time, actually). I sometimes say somewhat jokingly that in twenty years or longer, I will retire into the country and pick up drawing again.

I suspected that plenty of such courses might be available online (that was how I learned to knit a few years ago, for example) but at the moment, even though I could probably make time, I really don’t think I could muster up the interest and energy to study drawing.
Thank you for wanting to help!

(Guess what! There are now pictures of my niece in my “personal gallery”, wearing two of my knits – a cardigan and a hat. Temporarily available! :-)))