What a strange day!

Good point Cristina!
I’m glad you like my sister’s flower!
Too bad that this kind of flowers don’t last more than … one day, maximum two? Maybe this is one of the reasons why it is so special😇

I’m sorry you’re missing the beauty of the blossomed trees but I have an idea: we could send you some in an envelope, just tell us where and we’ll do it.
:blush:

Aaaaah, but you’re trying to get me to spill the beans! :)))

All right then…

Africa? (Not for veeery long now though, hopefully - I’m sort of counting down the days, or should I say months.) Will that suffice or will you need the exact location? :slight_smile:

No, no need to spill all the beans Cristina :-)) because we’ll kindly ask the good Knight to lend us his smart ostrich who will find you even if you were on Venus (well, mostly there) so it will find you anyway.

I’ll put my white tree and Alicja her pink tree in an envelope in the afternoon and if all goes well Mr. Ostrich who’s dizzily speedy will be at your door by night. Just let the door open.

Enjoy your staying there, and keep counting (downcounting)
I just thought it would have been interesting if you had taken your camera with you!

:-))

:smiley:

Okey-dokey - thanks a bunch, I’m waiting eagerly!

I’ve never been big on taking pictures but for you, Monica, sure, anything! :slight_smile:

(To be continued…)

BTW, I think you’re right, using “count down” would’ve been better - I’ve now edited it. :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’ve been rummaging through my “archives” and here are a couple of pictures:

That would be me running up a slope covered with fine sand - bonkers!

At the beach.

On (Off?) a boat.

Hubby pestering a small crab minding his own business. :slight_smile:

Shopping for a few souvenirs with my sis who was just visiting.

Out for a stroll.

Testing my new phone’s camera and meaning to show at home that we are still quite patriotic people. :wink: Hint: the make of the car. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, Cristina!

I enjoyed very much looking at your photos.

I chose two of them as my favorites, guess which: the one with you & your shadow running bare feet up the slope, leaving your footprints in the sand… I bet it was quite a sport, not an easy one…

Then the sea and its little waves playing in the sun … the beach … I’m forever in love with such a view!

The streets of the city at sunset, the baby-crab, the boats… all are beautiful pictures and together with the souvenirs that you bought and all the things you did there, will be great memories for you later.

The red car … it’s a Dacia Logan then? I’m far from being connoisseur but since you mentioned patriotism… I didn’t find anything else :slight_smile:

Tanks again!
I like your new motto.
:slight_smile:

This is a new day and today I know it for sure: the red car is a Dacia Sandero, so it’s still Dacia, which is normal for a patriotic ro.girl!

:-))

Incidentally, I dislike sports and prefer to sort of keep in shape by working (anything from cleaning to pulling weeds and splitting logs getting countless blisters when I go to my mum’s over the summer) and walking. I think running on treadmills is for hamsters! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, it’s a Dacia Sandero that we bought here. The Logan is an older model – my husband tells me it must’ve been launched on the market about four years earlier than the Sandero, around 2004. I’m actually no connoisseur either – I usually split cars into two main categories: cars I quite like and cars I don’t really like! :slight_smile:

I’m so glad you like my photos, Monica! :)))

Dear Cristina!

Thank you very much that you supported our thread by your interesting messages.

Many times I had encouraged our sharers from the forum for taking part in our discussion. But nobody except our dear Besss and

You- decided to have his say. Unfortunately it seems that our friends from forum never survived the strange days in their life.

Actually Moni and me - we thought, that here is lack of such topic where we can tell about our everyday’s life. Not necessary the

strange days, but the things which we meet every day and really are interesting for everybody. The matters which are our problems

and also our joys. Earlier - I often had thrown on the forum my request about help for me which had touched the health or my

laptop and other things.

My friends from the forum, oh they never let me down. Thanks that you answered for my appeal to greet our common friend. Be

often with us Cristina:-))

The Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul in Gliwice. From its back.

Dear Alicja,

Thank you for your warm welcome. The only trouble is that I’m not very talkative myself. I usually prefer to keep my mouth sealed shut for fear of saying anything silly! :)))

I’m off to bed now. Nighty-night!

Dear Cristina!

Oh no!!! you can’t be such a shy person.

I don’t like the talkative people, especially when they have nothing interesting to say. And when they speak platitudes.

But you have so much to offer.

For example this idiom :"I’m off to bed ".

I have never read or heard it. I was surprised why you must get up so early. At once I started to think what may force you to it.

But I checked it and I found that it means something quite the opposite.

I try don’t use the sophisticated words. But this one I like very much.

See Moni ,Kyaw and me. We are no refractory to say stupid thinks. We are just still learning. Of course I try don’t offend or hurt

someone. Anyway it can happen. My parents always had encouraged me. They said that I am self confident and that I would have cope

in the every situation. It so important for children to their future life.

Oh , I am a talkative again…

See you dear:-)

One of my friends from our school has often sent me the golden thoughts, or a funny pictures. It is the one adequate to my text.

Thank you for your friendly message, Alicja - I do appreciate it.

Apropos of your lovely blossomed trees, here is a song I like even more when the March wind blows, then the Winter goes, and Spring comes knocking in her bright green frocking… :stuck_out_tongue:

youtu.be/6jmkqHmzuCg

(I’m pretty sure I’ve posted it once before in another thread, but no harm done, right?)

Edit
: I wish I knew why these videos are sometimes displayed as images (?) and other times are displayed as just segments of text or what they call “links”! Hmph!

Dear Cristina!

I listened with pleasure, the song about acacia trees. At first I thought that it was acacia, in the middle - I was not

sure about it, and at the end I was nearly sure, that it were the bunches of lilac.

Usually when I see flowers on TV, I am subconsciously sniffing their sweet smell. When someone was smoking

cigarette on the screen, I

was choking with the smoke. This time my nose couldn’t decide what I was smelling, the acacia - or lilac. Maybe it is

funny, but when I watched the films without colours, I knew definitely what colours had the dresses on the screen.

Once, I had a serious discuss with my aunt, who recognised the different colours - than me:-))

Truly, acacias blossom so richly, that we can say that they are crazy.

P.s.

(Uff, I am afraid that our Besss would have a lot work with this text) :((

This still young pine tree, should in this year reach my window. I can’t wait for it, because the sun is too strong

shining in the mornings into this room.

My Dear Friends from the forum.

Thanks our ETN school, I have many dear friends all over the world. I have support from

them every day.

I just got today this valuable post stamp from my Iranian friend. It made a great

impression on me.

It is the stamp from the time of the second world war.

Since long time I know that Poland and Iran they are friendly countries.

Unfortunately only small number of people know about it.

In my consciousness, Iran doesn’t belong to the terrorist Islamic Countries.

During many previous years Iran experienced great injustice from the World. And Iranian people suffer the

poverty.

During the second world war Iran took 120000 Polish people who had come together with the Anders army -

from Russia. Those Polish people, met a great care and help from the Iran. Most of them had been exhausted

and ill. They found the place of eternal peace on the Iranian cemeteries. This Cemeteries had been taken into

care, by Iranian people. Some of this Polish people still live in Iran, and they are pleased of it.

It was really coincidence that I got this post stamp just today.

Today Poland has the 6th anniversary of horrible plane catastrophy. There found the death 96 people who

belonged to Polish elite.

Poland is still waiting for the help of the World, to establish the reason of this catastrophy.

Dear Alicja,

I like the quote of the day and the other one, with the good wife was very amusing, I had fun when I saw it! :slight_smile:

Sad day for Poland today, I’m sorry it happened and that your people didn’t get the true answer to it.

Thanks for sharing the part of your history connected to Iran – I didn’t know about it but I suppose I’ll find out many things about your history pretty soon, which I can’t wait for :slight_smile:

Dear Cristina,

I was so very pleased to listen to our artist Tudor Gheorghe singing the beautiful song „The locust trees went mad” if I translated well (which Cristina could say exactly) . Thanks for reminding. The pictures of the locust or acacia trees are great too!

By the way, do I see a little shadow of a certain home sick, in this song, Cristina? In addition to the countdown idea … it may be bigger …
:slight_smile:

[quote=“Monica28”]
Dear Alicja,

I like the quote of the day and the other one, with the good wife was very amusing, I had fun when I saw it! :slight_smile:

Sad day for Poland today, I’m sorry it happened and that your people didn’t get the true answer to it.

Thanks for sharing the part of your history connected to Iran – I didn’t know about it but I suppose I’ll find out many things about your history pretty soon, which I can’t wait for :slight_smile:

Dear Moni!

A couple years ago in Poland one woman changed her religion from the Christian into the Muslim.

Nobody had condemned her ,on the contrary,-she was popular in Poland. Because in this time it was rare in Poland. Now, that there

are problems with Muslim refugees, the attitude to Muslims has changed for the worse.I am sorry about it, because of my Iranian

friends.

When I got the stamp with a text: “Isfahan(Esfahan) the town of Polish children”

I found in Internet many informations about it. Saying shortly:

" In 1942, Isfahan housed thousands of Polish orphans released from the Soviet work camps of Siberia and Kazakhstan. At its peak,

twenty one areas of the city were exclusively allocated to the welfare of the ragged and emaciated orphans who had been sent there

from reception centres in Anzali, Tehran and Mashhad. Many of them remained in the city for up to three years, earning it the title

“City of Polish children”.

Between 1942 and 1945, Iran played host to almost 150,000 men, women and children of the “Polish Exodus from Russia”. The

majority of the children ended up in Isfahan."

There was also informaton that this stamp was popular in Poland. ??? I never met it.

I sent this message into my family and friend to spread this positive message.

Now some pictures from Internet about Esfahan.

The Christians Monastery And Muslim Mosques.

Dear Alicja,

You’re right, the trees in the clip are the so-called false acacia, Robinia or black locust. Both the false acacia and lilac grow rich, pendulous clusters of flowers, so it’s quite easy to mistake one tree for the other – especially when you’re just looking at pictures of them.

I, too (to pinch a phrase which reminds me of Claudia), have both a strong sense of smell and a good memory for smells – which is not necessarily a good thing! I’m also one of those people who say they can never forget a face – I can even see Bees in her bright pink disguise! :slight_smile: Speaking of whom, I couldn’t help notice she’s been posting a whole lot less than she used to, so I hope there’s nothing holding her back and that she’s simply decided to spend her time more wisely. If so, then good for her – too bad for us!

Dear Monica,

Oh, but it seems that you think too much of me (and I mean it with this sense here idioms.thefreedictionary.com/thi … +something ). :slight_smile:
Well, I’d go with “have gone” there – action started in the past and having visible results in the present. Er, or something like that!

Homesick? Me? Nah, I’m quite a roughie-toughie, me! :wink:

Monica, I’ve been an expat (posh word for “immigrant”) for a third of my life (though I did spend my last five summers back home as I really didn’t want to miss the first few years of both my nephew’s and my niece’s lives entirely, leaving my husband who not only works long and very long hours but also had to cope on his own, alone here). Whoa, that parenthesis was a mouthful and surely could use some improvements! Knowing this, I’m sure you’ll agree that the occasional wave of homesickness is quite understandable.

…and yes, I guess we could say that it is bigger… :slight_smile:

Thank you for missing me, but it’s only been a few days. I’ve had a lovely long weekend and my poor overworked computers have had quite a restful time of it too. I cannot believe that I actually spent from Friday evening to today offline completely, and it wasn’t even through some unfortunate enforced reason like a technical problem. My God-daughter got married on Saturday and the celebrations took up all of Saturday, then as many friends and relatives were gathered anyway, we sort of unofficially continued celebrating right through to today!

Well, purely out of interest, this is what I’d do with it:

I listened with pleasure to the song about acacia trees. At first I thought that they were acacia, though by the middle I was not so sure. Then at the end I was almost certain that they were bunches of lilacs.

Usually when I see flowers on TV I find that I subconsciously smell their sweet perfume. When someone smokes a cigarette on screen, I choke with the smoke. This time, my nose couldn’t decide whether I was smelling acacia or lilac!

See? I was so right! You too: “have gone” would be better in the context.

Yeah, I bet!

Understandable? I just knew it for sure!

I think the most important is to do first what we feel and need, then what we must but this is pure theory :slight_smile:
I remember, 4 years ago you were holding your nephew in your arms and now you have also a niece! You’re rich then, they must have been enriched your life because children bring joy as a gift, to all those who are around them.

See you!