Watching a movie or reading a book vs doing physical exercise

Doyou agree or dis agress the following statement? It is better to relax by watching a movie or reading a book than doing physical exercise.

Watching movies, reading books and doing physical exercise are main activities people like to do in their spare time. When it comes to relaxation, some people believe that movies and books are superior to physical exercise. However, I can hardly agree with the claim.

Admittedly, watching movies and reading books do exert positive effect on our lives. First and foremost, they enable us to learn something about life. Since our experience is limited, it’s impossible for us to learn all the crutial lessons by ourselves. While watching a movie or reading a novel, we can put ourselves into the characters’ shoes to figure out what we should do in the similar situations. I can still remember the first time when I was watching the movie Spider Man, I was enlightened by the line, “With great power, comes great responsibility.” Another point worth mentioning is that watching movies and reading books prevent us from being out of date. Movies and books are likely to become hot topics among people. Imagine being with your friends, and they happen to be talking about a latest movie or book. It would be really embarrassing if you found you could not insert a word into the conversation because you had never heard of it. Under this circumstance, watching various ranges of movies and reading best-sellers help us build good relationships with others.

However it’s really an exaggeration to say that movies and books are always the better options when compared to physical exercise. From my perspective, the latter also plays a significant role in our daily lives. To begin with, doing physical exercise allows us to strengthen our bodies to keep physically healthy. People nowadays spend most of their time in schools or offices, sitting in front of the desks. They definitely lack opportunities to stretch their arms and legs. What’s more, doing physical exercise helps us shape good personalities. For instance, long-distance running teaches us persistence, ball games let us fully understand the meaning of teamwork, so on and so forth. Last but not least, doing physical exercise is also an important way through which people relieve their pressure and stress.

From what I have deliberated above, we may easily discover that this statement has its limitations. Watching a movie or reading a book, together with doing physical exercise, are both essential elements that bring us lots of benefits besides exercise. For different people, choices may be different.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the man taking this course?

Doyou agree or dis agress the following statement? It is better to relax by watching a movie or reading a book than doing physical exercise.

Watching movies, reading books and doing physical exercise are main activities people like to do in their spare time. When it comes to relaxation, some people believe that movies and books are superior to physical exercise. However, I can hardly agree with the claim.

Admittedly, watching movies and reading books do exert positive effect on our lives. First and foremost, they enable us to learn something about life. Since our experience is limited, it’s impossible for us to learn all the cruCial lessons by ourselves. While watching a movie or reading a novel, we can put ourselves into the character’s shoes to figure out what we should do in the similar situations. I can still remember the first time when I was watching the movie Spider Man, I was enlightened by the line, “With great power, comes great responsibility.” Another point worth mentioning is that watching movies and reading books prevent us from being out of date. Movies and books are likely to become hot topics among people. Imagine being with your friends, and they happen to be talking about a latest movie or book. It would be really embarrassing if you found you could not insert a word into the conversation because you had never heard of it. Under this circumstance, watching various ranges of movies and reading best-sellers help us build good relationships with others.

However it’s really an exaggeration to say that movies and books are always the better options when compared to physical exercise. From my perspective, the latter also plays a significant role in our daily lives. To begin with, doing physical exercise allows us to strengthen our bodies to keep physically healthy. People nowadays spend most of their time in schools or offices, sitting in front of the desks. They definitely lack opportunities to stretch their arms and legs. What’s more, doing physical exercise helps us shape good personalities. For instance, long-distance running teaches us persistence, ball games let us fully understand the meaning of teamwork, so on and so forth. Last but not least, doing physical exercise is also an important way through which people relieve their pressure and stress.

From what I have deliberated above, we may easily discover that this statement has its limitations. Watching a movie or reading a book, together with doing physical exercise, are both essential elements that bring us lots of benefits besides exercise. For different people, choices may be different.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Really good work Huang.

Kitos. 10/10 *****

Thx~ I’ll keep working hard ~