Watch "Extinction Rebellion 'shutdown' London"

This is the Great Britain of the future, I just had to share this.

2 Likes

Not really the future - it has ever been so. The irony is that the protesters are carried away to a police station, cautioned and then released. Then what? Yes, you guessed it. The valiant protester then returns to where he was. There’s British.

4 Likes

Won’t he be arrested again and locked up for defying the caution/warning?

3 Likes

That would be logical, Lawrence but this isn’t a logical situation because of the current legislation. And on top of that a protestor is picked up at random as a token gesture under the rules of civil disobedience. And in practical terms there aren’t enough cells available to hold all the protestors. Pity the poor police officers trying to carry out the existing laws!

4 Likes

The only viable solution is pass legislation that prevents the damage caused by climate change to render our planet uninhabitable. I’m standing here in a suburb of Frankfurt, the sun is burning as if it were the middle of July. Extreme weather definitely has become the new normal and quite frankly I’m scared.

3 Likes

Yes, Alan. In fact, that is the situation almost everywhere including India. After all, India has a legacy left behind by Britain!

3 Likes
3 Likes