Wanted: Feedback on TOEIC Listening Exercises

Hi Bev! I find “my” version more natural, perhaps because I am Italian mother tongue.

Have a GREAT day! :wink:

Hi everyone,

(D) The man on the left is lying down. Right. Isn’t that “down” redundant? Could I just say “The man is lying”?

Thanks in advance. Cheerio

english-test.net/toeic/liste … yball.html

Hi,

(A) The couple are just leaving a shop.
(B) The women are just entering a shop.

Right. I wonder why it’s written “… are JUST leaving/entering a shop”. If we wanted to use “just”, wouldn’t it be more proper to say “The couple/women HAVE just LEAVED/ENTERED a shop”?

Thanks once again. Bye

Er, this is the link of the exercise in which I was referring: english-test.net/toeic/liste … _shop.html

‘just’ indicates very recently or at this point. It works with present and past tenses.

‘leaved’ is not correct though. The word doesn’t exist.

The past tense would be
have just left/entered a shop

Hi my dear Bev,

Yes, I meant “left”, what a stupid, to leave is an irregular verb. Grr…

Anyway, thanks a lot. What luck to have a mentor so helpful!

Dear Sir,

I have been searching TOEIC Photograph Listening Exercises (Plane/Air Craft takeoff/landing/crusie), I couldn’t find it so, please let me know in which exercise it
has been explained. When I went to Airport first I watched the Flight landing/takeoff
by keeping TOEIC LISTENING photography exercise in my mind, I really enjoyed the
same practically when I travelled by Air. Thanks to Sir Torsten (TOEIC LISTENING photography
Exercises since I have not been to Airport so far. When the flight was about to takeoff
I got scared, it took sometime for me to be normal. When I returned by Air, I didn’t
have that fear. What I feel the photography exercises are eye opener to so many learners like me while travelling. As we had learnt some informations through this, we
could know the informations without anxiety.

Thank you,

S.Shanthi

Hi,

In that case I assume that we can also say “The man in blue jeans is not standing in front of THE scaffolding”. (We are looking at a picture where is visible a scaffolding.)

english-test.net/toeic/liste … _site.html

Cheerio

Yes.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: An employee asks her co-worker to help her get extra company sports tickets[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you, Torsten.

Prego.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A customer orders dessert at a restaurant[YSaerTTEW443543]

Wow, congratulations for your fluent Italian! :slight_smile:

Grazie mille. Italiano è la mia seconda lingua.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Two old friends meet on the bus[YSaerTTEW443543]

Gosh, your Italian is amazing! I hope I can speak English so well as you speak Italian one day. :wink:

Il tuo inglese è già molto meglio del mio italiano.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A conversation at a store checkout[YSaerTTEW443543]

As I already said to Bev a few days ago, I think you’re too good about my English level. Anyway I’m very glad to have found this wonderful site.

Siamo molto contenti che tu abbia trovato il nostro sito troppo;-)[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A catering customer orders food by phone[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Sir,

No will understand your Italian English, except some people on the forum.
I request all of you to write British/Amercian English on the forum to enable us
to understand. Shall I type tamil language in English? i.e. Nandry.

S.Shanthi

Hi S.Shanthi,

Just to tell you that we were joking. Torsten told me that Italian is his second language, and so wrote something in Italian. He just told me that my English is better than his Italian and thank me for my esteem to this site. That’s all.

Bye

(°) I meant “Torsten… thankED me for my esteem to this site.”