wanderer

Is wanderer offensive or despective?.. like saying one is extremely lazy?.. or how do you call someone very lazy lol

No, there is nothing intrinsically derogatory about the word. A specific sentence or context might make it so. Do you have one?

HumbertoDeOz, I am often confused about the use of “lol”, and I am interested to know why you wrote it at the end of your question, which is apparently neither light-hearted not amusing. For my interest, could you explain what you meant by it?

Mister Micawber,
“He is a bit of a wanderer.”
What does it mean?

He’s a wanderer to a small degree.
Definition courtesy of thefreedictionary.com/a+bit (look under the “idioms” section)

He is a bit of a wanderer.– I suspect that it means that he doesn’t live in one place or work at a job very long. However, there’s still not enough context. It’s not idiomatic.

‘lazybones’ or ‘couch-potato’, perhaps?

lazybones or couch potato… they might be ones of what im looking for. I mean someone who wastes his time being lazy all day, something despective.

Like when someone tells you “I`ve been sitting on my couch all day watching tv and playing videogames”, one might say your so lazybones?..

and Dozy ever since I began chatting on msn, me and all people I met on forums and stuff used the emoticon “xD” a lot. Even on sentences that are slightly funny or not funny at all or “xDDDDDDD…” when there is something really funny going on. But I noticed not many english speakers know “xD” so I use lol instead. Its just me being foolish haha

In this case I think they could be called a ‘layabout’ – someone who does no work and avoids anything that involves any effort. I’d say ‘lazybones’ could work here too.

You could definitely tell them ‘You are such a couch-potato!’. Not sure, but I’d say that ‘You are such a lazybones!’ would be okay in this context too. Just to play it on the safe side (and if we get no opinions from the native speakers) I would go with ‘couch-potato’. :slight_smile:

sloth (slôth, slth, slth)
n.

1. Aversion to work or exertion; laziness; indolence.
  2. Any of various slow-moving, arboreal, edentate mammals of the family Bradypodidae of South and Central America, having long hooklike claws by which they hang upside down from tree branches and feeding on leaves, buds, and fruits, especially:
    a. A member of the genus Bradypus, having three long-clawed toes on each forefoot. Also called ai1, three-toed sloth.
    b. A member of the genus Choloepus, having two toes on each forefoot. Also called two-toed sloth, unau.
  3. A company of bears. See Synonyms at flock1.
    regards.