Voice technology will booster any business irrespective of the industry in which it operates

Voice technology will booster any business irrespective of the industry in which it operates. (*) operates (*) which (*) irrespective (*) booster

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/25021,voice-technology-will-uboosteru-any-business-uirrespectiveu-of-the-industry-in-uwhichu-it-uoperatesu/
3 Likes

When I first read this question my initil impuls was to google ‘boost vs. booster’ as I thought there might be the verb ‘to booster’. Then I remembered that this is an ‘errors in sentences’ question :wink: Good work, @Andrea

2 Likes

I think the distraction comes from the fact that that there is the verb ‘to bolster’ which looks similar to ‘booster’.

2 Likes

Thank you @Torsten! Sorry for the confusion…oops! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Andrea, now I’m the one confused :confused:. Your choice of answer options was very good because ‘boister’ and ‘bolster’ can easily be mixed up which is the entire purpose of this type of questions. So why would you apologize?

1 Like

Good point. My answer is…just because! :thinking:I’m glad I’ve nailed it! :hugs::grinning::+1:

1 Like

I believe ‘booster’ is more often used as a noun. It is found in a medical context. A first injection with for example the intention to combat a particular disease could be effective for a year and then be followed by a further injection the following year to supplement the initial inject. That second injection would be called a ‘booster’.

3 Likes

@Alan Yes, you’re right about booster in the medical sense. :wink: I know this well.

Also another use for booster is “booster seat”. Young children need to sit on a booster seat in the car. It raises them to a higher level.

2 Likes

Right, and we shouldn’t confuse a booster with a buster :joy:.

2 Likes

Very true! That would be a disaster :joy:

2 Likes

The line ‘confusing a buster with a disaster’ almost rhymes, at least if you speak with some type of British accent. Maybe we could create a limerick with it :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Torsten,

I’ll leave that limerick to you - ha ha ha!

Here is mine:

There once was a dog called Buster,
Who was always in a fluster,
But today, his owner had a booster
Which caused him to sound like a rooster
Ending the day with a shout, was all he could muster.

3 Likes

Excellent Andrea, you are a little poet. Seriously, you have quite some talent. I would not have been able to come up with something like this. :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @Torsten. :hugs: I haven’t written a limerick since I was at school. :joy: I’ve surprised myself. I just went for it :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve started to think about how we might add a few lines with ‘disaster’ and ‘vaster’ or ‘broadcaster’ or something like that :thinking:

2 Likes

@Torsten…what do you think? :thinking:

There was a terrible disaster
It suddenly became much vaster
Children were seen on boosters
Adults were seen on scooters
Now, I wonder when we’ll see the broadcaster.

2 Likes

Very good :+1::grinning:. I see potential here. @Natalia_Polteva, maybe you can create some graphics based on Andrea’s limericks? Also, further down the road we could offer some kind of limerick generator. I’ve seen some of them but they are not very good…

1 Like