view

1. All I wish is, as I have said before, that I should be allowed to express my view
    without you always wanting to cap it with your view.
  2. All I wish is, as I have said before, that I should be allowed to express my view
    without always your wanting to cap it with your view.
    Please correct them.

The second is incorrect. Why would you want to change the original?

Beeesneees,
“All I wish is, as I have said before, that I should be allowed to express my view .” is one sentence.
To add extra with this, in the extra phrase I thought ‘your’ is better than ‘you’.
Could you please explain the grammar involved?

You could use ‘your’ instead of ‘you’ but you have also changed the word order, which is incorrect. (You’ve moved ‘always’ from its original place).

Interestingly, what you have highlighted is that the use of you/your here is akin to the use of me/mine in the original thread. Both are valid nowadays, despite the grammar dictating that one is more logical.

Fascinating that my comments are being analysed! I can’t really accept the analogy with ‘me/mine’ as there is a difference between ‘you/your’ in my comment. The use of the direct object ‘you’ highlights that ‘you’ want to do something in contrast to anyone else wanting to. By using the possessive ‘your’ there is a reference to the action of wanting to do something and not so much to the personal pronoun ‘you’.

Alan,
Could you please help me to rewrite my sentence in the most simple way without much wording?

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by ‘my sentence’. Are you referring to what I wrote to Bev:

As far as I am concerned, it doesn’t need rewriting!

I though it was Alan’s sentence that’s being analyzed here…
Maybe I’m missing something :))

Me too!!!

Alan,
I have taken your sentence as a sample for me.
My sentence is somewhat different from you.
Let me quote again:
“All I wish is, as I have said before, that I should be allowed to express my view
without you always wanting to cap it with your view.”
Is this sentence correct?
What is the real meaning for my sentence.
Could you enlighten the meaning for ‘wanting to cap it with your view’?
Can I simplify and make it easy to understand?
Please help.

Hi,

You have lost me. I really have nothing more to say on MY sentence.