Very worried about taking TOEFL!

Hi, again.

I have decided to start this thread, as I am taking TOEFL next Sunday and I am feeling very very worried, so it’s not surprising that I have questions.

The first and most important of them is about the book, which I used to get prepared. I have been preparing for seven months (next year I will graduate from school, so I would say I am rather young for TOEFL) with Deborah Phillips’ Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL, so I would like to ask did/is anybody else used/is used it for TOEFL preparation?

My another questions is adressed to everybody, who has alread taken TOEFL, could you explin me the whole process of taking it? I mean from the point, when a person comes into the center and up to the end. I understand that may sound dumb, but I just have no idea what is going to happen on test day.

In addition to this, I would like to specify am I correct or not. In Reading section there are three passages and 38 questions; Listening cosists of six passages (3 academic/on campus and 3 coversations), but I don’t remember how many questions are there; Speaking - two independent and four integrated questions; and, Writing - one integrated and one independent. There is also 10 minute break after Listening. Plus, am I allowed to choose whether I will get 5 reading passages or 9 listening, or it all depends on the test itself (computer making choice for me)? And why there is no mention about it in most of TOEFL preparation books?

Thank you for the attention, I hope you will find time to help me, because it’s very necessary for me (I have less than a week).

P.S. Who else is going to take TOEFL on May 4th? :slight_smile:

TOEFL listening discussions: Why must the young woman leave?

Anybody?

I thought this forum was create for people to help each other :frowning:

Hi
I also studied Longman material for the TOEFL test. I think the book is useful in specifying types of questions and providing basic skills and guides for each section. However, the exercises are not as challenging as in the real test.
I think you should relax before taking the real test. Don’t worry too much because at that time the supervisors will guide you what to do and feel free to inquire them if you have any problems
About the number of questions in each part, as I remember, it is mentioned in the TOEFL Official Guide by ETS

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the reply and advice.

How did you do on your TOEFL? And which was its most difficult parts?