Variety academic awards?

Hi, I’ve just come across the following sentence and somehow the expression ‘variety academic awards’ struck me as odd. Wouldn’t it make more sense to write ‘with a variety of academic awards’?

All of our writers are college graduates and contests winners with variety academic awards.

Please let me know what you think.
Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Workers on the side of a building[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Could this be: variety ACADEMY awards?

A

Well, on their website it says “variety academic awards”. So, what if we changed it to “variety academy awards”, would it then make sense?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The Great Wall[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

Contests winners?!? :shock: variety academic awards?!? :shock:

I assume they mean “contest winners” and “a variety of academic awards”.

I found the website that you saw this sentence on (an “essay writing service”, right?). What’s written on the site was definitely not written by a native speaker of English. I wonder whether the text was written by one of those “college graduates and contests winners with variety academic awards”… Torsten, look at the site again. There are much worse sentences to be found there. You’ll also find little goodies such as this: “cope and paced” instead of “copy and paste”. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The site doesn’t strike me as reputable (never mind the fact that students ought to write their own essays anyway). It may even be a scam seeing as the address they give on the site doesn’t appear to be correct: There is no such street in that town.

Isn’t it just amazing what turns up online?