Usage of 'attitude'

She has a lot of attitude.

Can someone please tell me what the above line means? Does it have a positive connotation or a negative one?

Is there a usage like “throwing around the attitude”?

Attitude = An arrogant or hostile state of mind or disposition. It tends to be seen as negative especially in the eyes of those to whom it is directed.

I don’t know about throwing it.

That’s right. If you say “she’s a girl with an attitude” it’s like saying “she’s a girl with an (negative) attitude problem”.

I remember an American guy saying “throwing around the attitude”. After googling the phrase, I found a nice example.

“It’s starting to get to me again and I’m constantly throwing around an attitude.

Here the person states that he finds it hard to relax and keeps annoying others with his negative disposition.

I thought it meant that the person was able to stand up for herself.

Here, in India, we use attitude like this:
“Attitude does matter!”
I mean, the mindset/nature of the person to acheive something.
Is this correct?

That’s fine, Suresh, but it is not the slang use of the word; it is the standard meaning.

Attitude: ‘manner, disposition, feeling, position, etc., with regard to a person or thing; tendency or orientation, esp. of the mind: a negative attitude; group attitudes’.

The word under discussion has this meaning: ‘An arrogant or hostile state of mind or disposition’.

And your question is, R?

No question; merely observing dichotomy.

Attitude is both a general personality trait, taking adjectives or more complex descriptions with it, and a seemingly measurable attribute of hostility, rudeness or abrasive nature.

The second meaning comes from that you would never normally need to comment on someone’s attitude unless it were negative or a problem.