Two questions

Hi,
1- I want to know what is the difference between ([color=blue]ample-enough).
could I say “Weve got ample time to make a decision"),("Im not sure how much it will cost, but I think 500$ will be [color=violet]enough or [color=cyan]ample”).
could I use both words in these two sentences.
2- Which one is the most common (she [color=red]isnt a teacher -[color=red]shes not a teacher).
thank you in advance.

Hi Mouhannad,

‘Ample’ and ‘enough’ are interchangeable and have the same meaning within the sentences.

In my opinion and experience, I’d say ‘she’s not a teacher’ is more common than ‘she isn’t a teacher’ though both are correct and would be accepted in normal conversation.

Thanks, but I`m really confused about words which have the same meaning.
e.g. I [color=blue]anticipate that the situation will get worse ,and I [color=blue]expect that the situation will get worse.
are the both words correct within the sentences?
thank you again.

Yes, they are both correct.

There are endless examples of words in English which have the same meaning as another words. A good dictionary will provide a list of synonyms (words with the same meaning) along with the definition of a word. (Though sometimes the synonym is only correct in a specific context which might be why you are getting confused.)

This is for he who is seeking difference between she is not and she isn’t. Both have same meaning in the informative format of the sentence. she isn’t is teh contorted form of she is not. she is not is written form and she is’t is spoken form. when we present a person speaking a sentence with above auxiliery in direct form we quote. e.g. Maddy says, " My sis isn’t a teacehr." bit Maddy says that his sis is not a teacher
Thank you
venimurty@yahoo.com

Hello,

Thank you for helping to try to clarify (make clearer) this point but there are a couple of things that need mentioning:

‘She isn’t’ is not a ‘contorted’ form, but a ‘contracted’ (made shorter) form of ‘she is not’.

Both ‘she is not’ and ‘she isn’t’ may be used in writing or speech, and what you really mean is that ‘she is not’ is more formal than ‘she isn’t’.

For example:
In speech
I would use ‘she is not’ if I wanted to place emphasis on the negative
“I have already told her she is not to do that.”
though most of the time I would use ‘she isn’t’
“She isn’t coming this evening.”
In writing
I would use ‘she is not’ if I were writing a formal letter, essay, report, etc,
I would use “she isn’t” for less formal writing, for example in sending messages in this forum.