Two private investors—ABC and EDF— are interested in the project.

1. Two private investors—ABC and EDF— are interested in the project. ABC mainly deals in residential projects, while/and EDF deals in commercial property. Which one is correct?

2. In the country, Internet penetration will increase to 8.5% or In the country, Internet penetration will increase by 8.5 percent to 2.5 million users by 2017- which one is correct?

3. What is a better way to say: a. The following is a model that we can use b. A model that we can use is mentioned below:

4. Tell me the differences among Impact, Implementation, Effect

5. The test was conducted on the girls aged 18 years and above - since I have already is used aged, do I need to mention years?

1. Both are possible, but it is likely that ‘while’ is the expected answer.
    2, increase by. (It won’t increase up to 8.5% in total. It will add another 8,5% to the current total.)
  2. Both are possible. For me, (1) would be the better of the two options, though I would prefer, “A possible model follows.”
  3. Have you tried looking for their definitions in a dictionary yet?
  4. No, and unless you are speaking about the girls over 18 from a particular set of girls, you won’t need ‘the’ before ‘girls’.
  1. Both are possible, but it is likely that ‘while’ is the expected answer.
    2, increase by. (It won’t increase up to 8.5% in total. It will add another 8,5% to the current total.)
  2. Both are possible. For me, (1) would be the better of the two options, though I would prefer, “A possible model follows.”
  3. That question should be ‘tell me the differences between…’, not ‘among’. Have you tried looking for their definitions in a dictionary first?
  4. No, and unless you are speaking about the girls over 18 from a particular set of girls, you won’t need ‘the’ before ‘girls’.

Sir,

I have some doubts.

1. What is the difference between “among” and “between” and their usage?
  2. Also, I would like to know why “while” is more preferable than “and” in my first question (the one I asked earlier)
  3. The company has reduced its investment by one third / The company has reduced one third of its investment- which is the better way to say?
  1. among/ between. Please help me.
  2. I didn’t say it was preferable. I said it was probably expected. I guessed that it would be the answer whoever set that question wanted.
  3. They mean different things.
    The company has reduced its investment by one third - the entire investment has been reduced (by 1/3 of the total value)
    The company has reduced one third of its investment - only one third of the investment has been reduced (by an unknown amount)