Travelling with a tour guide

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There has been a heated debate concerning the tour guide. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that puts more emphasis on the importance of travelling in a group led by a tour guide. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes and says it is better to yourself discover. In my opinion, I concur with the former for two primary reasons.

First and foremost, a tour guide helps us avoid dealing with problems. Visitors to developing countries often have to deal with bureaucratic problems, applying for permits for activities can make this problem become more troublesome. Hiring a tour guide is that he can speak the language, better understand how local systems work and are less likely to be fooled. The tour guide can also help ensure that you are not deceived by shopkeepers and taxi drivers, and act as a deterrent to people who may cause trouble for you, like the street vendor.

Secondly, one of the first and most important benefits of hiring a local travel guide is the chance it gives you to learn about the culture from someone on the inside. A good local travel guide will be able to explain the local culture, why people are doing what they do every day - from the insider perspective. They should also make sure you, as a foreigner in a new place, don’t feel out of place.

On the other hand, the other argues about the price. Hiring a tour guide can be expensive, especially if you’re just a small group because the cost is usually every day or trip. If you are traveling alone, it is more economical to buy a good quality guide and read as much information as possible about the site you were visiting earlier.

To sum up briefly, while we sometimes prefer to venture out on our own when vacationing, there are times when you should rely on the value of a more experienced, knowledgeable and entertaining tour guide.

2 Likes

This sentence sounds a bit as if there is one tour guide in particular you are referring to. Can you please re-write it? Many thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I think i rewrite it into “the necessary of a tour guide”.

2 Likes

In this case you’ll need the noun ‘necessity’.

1 Like