Travelling in English-speaking countries

Hi,

Many of us will soon be on holidays, and for quite a few people a holiday means travelling. How many of you (who do not live in English speaking countries, of course) are going to travel to English speaking countries this summer? Where will you be travelling and what do you expect? Can you think of any phrases that one might find useful when travelling?

Some of us have also been travelling in English speaking countries earlier in our lives. Would you like to share some of your experiences with us? For example, did you improve your English a lot during the trip? How and when did you use English? How did you find it to speak English with native speakers?

Hi Englishuser,

I want to travel to all English speaking countries. So far I have been to Greece where so many people speak fluent English. The good thing about working online is that you can work from any place in the world as long as you have an internet connection.

And what about you? I have read all your posts and understand that you now live in the USA?

Thank you for joining our community.
Poka
Slava

Hi Slava,

Just like you, I’d like to travel to different English speaking (and other) countries. I’m very glad to hear that you’ve read all my posts. I hope that you’ve find them worth reading through. I don’t live in the US, I’m only visiting the country. I’ll be back in Europe as soon as on Sunday this weekend. And, just like you, I think it’s great that you can communicate with people from all over the world thanks to the Internet.

Belgium, I guess …
or directly to Warsaw??

Sherlock Jan Holmes