Travel increases to resolve pollution and traffic problems.

Hi Luschen,

Can you please evaluate below essay for IELTS(Scale of 0 to 9).This is for IELTS general test.

Increasing price of petrol is the best way to solve traffic and pollution problems.To what extent way do you agree or disagree? what other measures do you think might be effective?

There is no doubt the traffic and pollution from vehicles have become huge problems in cities and motorways everywhere. Solving these problems is likely to need more than simple rise in the price of petrol.

While it is understandable that private caruse is one of the main causes of the increases in traffic and pollution, higher fuel costs are unlikely to limit the number of drivers for long.As this policy would also affect the cost of public transport, it would be very popular with everyone who need to travel on roads.But there are other measures that could be implemented that would have a huge effect on these problems,

I think to tackle the problem of pollution, cleaner fuels need to be developed.The technology is already available to produce electric cars that would be both quieter and cleaner to use. Persuading manufacturers and travelers to adopt this new technology would be more effective strategy for improving air quality, especially in cities.

However traffic congestion will not be solved by changing the type of private vechicle we use.To do this, we need to improve the choice of public transport services available for travelers.For instance, if sufficient sky trains and underground train system were built and effectively maintained in our major cities , then traffic on our roads would be dramatically reduced.Long distance train and coach services should be made attractive and affordable alrenatives to driving your car for long journeys.

In conclusion, I think that long term traffic and pollution reductions would depend on educating the public to use public transport more and on governments using money to construct and run efficient system.

TOEFL listening discussions: Two roommates talking about fraternities

TITLE EDITED.
Please help everyone to make the most of this forum and its resources by giving your threads meaningful and relevant subject lines.
You have been asked to do this many times, so in future I will not notify you that I have renamed the topic.

Hi, I think this is a big improvement over some of your previous essays.
Your arguments are persuasive and include good detail and examples.
Your writing sounds more natural here, with only a few errors. I think you left out a “not” though, which greatly changes the meaning of one of your sentences.
Plus, you have a gap in you introduction and once again have forgotten to put spaces after several of your periods. If you make these easy fixes, I think this one would score at the band 7 level.

Thank you, sir, for the valuable feedback.