Transformation of Sentences

Dear all, I have a lot of problems with these transformations, as usual…I’m very thankful for your concern and time :slight_smile:

1. I came to live in Britain twenty years ago. It’s my…
  2. Everyone heard about the accident before I did. I was…
  3. The cost me running the house would be beyond our means. We couldn’t…
  4. He was hit by the falling used and killed immediately(spot)
  5. When he’s reading, he’s unaware me what’s happening around him(lost)
  6. My sister and her next door neighbor dislike each other intensely(love lost)
  7. She looks not only older but also foolish in those clothes(earth)
  8. They live happily and farm money by working hard and fairly(penny)
  9. She feels satisfied with her family and devote all her time to it(bird)
  10. I’m embarrassed about my mistake. Please don’t mention it to anyone else(draw)
  11. These were ferries sailing from Dover to Calais and in other directions(forth)
  12. I shall always keep the memory me our meetings in my heart(treasure)

Thank you very much .

Best regards,
M.

Why don;t you tell us what you think so that we can discuss your answers MB? That will be of far more value than simply being told the correct forms.

Yes, I agree, but problem is that I know only two of these sentences…For the rest of ,I don’t have idea. And I don’t understand for example this sentence: He was hit by the falling used and killed immediately. I have found them written in that way.

Thanks.
Madame.

I suspect that you are (or someone before you is) using a mobile phone with predictive text to get these questions. ‘Used’ should be ‘tree’. ‘Me’ should be ‘of’ in number 5. In fact looking at them closely, I now realise that we puzzled over this set of exercises with another user several months ago. We decided then that some of the questions contained typos because of predictive text, and others were just flawed.
This will provide your answers as far as we were able to work them out:
english-test.net/forum/sutra240883

Well, I get them on some site in this form, without answers. I’m not using mobile phone for this kind of problems, so I’m innocent here ! :slight_smile:
I also noticed that there is something wrong.Why somebody uses predictive text?

Now I see that these sentences are answered on this forum…sorry for bothering you…but I send them here only to try to figure them out with your help.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.

No problem, MB.
I guess both of you got them from the same poorly edited site.

For questions on transformation of sentences and [url]http://www.studyplaces.com/toefl[/url] practice tests…there are couple of websites which provide useful information.