Traffic island curb? (Inselstein)

Hi, what do you call the curb that surround a traffic island? In German they are called “Inselsteine”.


TOEIC listening, talks: Giving a motivational speech to staff during an economic crisis[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

Good question but I haven’t a clue. I would have thought it was known as a whole - a traffic island. And the kerb would be a traffic island kerb. That’s the best I can do.


PS I see you have adopted the American spelling ‘curb’. But then I have no wish to tread on any toes!

Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I think “traffic island kerb” or “traffic island curb” makes perfect sense.

TOEIC listening, talks: Leaving a voice message for a potential Internet business partner[YSaerTTEW443543]

There’s no special name for a curb in that place, Torsten. It’s just a curb that happens to be on a traffic island, so Alan’s suggestion is as good as any.