Topic69: Are childhood years the most important years of a person’s life?

Topic69: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person’s childhood years (the time from birth to twelve years of age) are the most important years of a person’s life.

Some people tend to think that an affluence that a person’s childhood years give has only a little something to do with his life. However, I do not go along with this opinion. I think that experiences during being a child affect him largely. For one thing, parents have big influences to the growth of their children’s characteristics. In addition, working on a particular thing since a person is a child can develop his talent earlier than in adulthood years.

First of all, we should not disrespect the impact of parents’ affulences that people accept when people are children. When people are younger, they tend to believe what their parents teach them without doubt. Some things they learned from their parents would keep to exists in their hearts until adulthood years. For instance, when I was a child, my father often told me not to borrow or lent money from other people. This is because, according to him, money tend to become a source of trouble. Although I did not understand enough the mean then, because I have heard this words many times from him, as a result, this got to become a rule to me.

Next, experiences in childhood years often lead to enhance children’s faculties. For instance, sport players are perfect examples. A lot of professional players have played respective sports since they are very young. For example, Ichiro started to play baseball when he was a child. Some players might begin to play their favorite sports by deciding with their own willness, and others might start to have trainings by being persuaded to do so by their parents. At any rate, training for a long time since people are children develops their abilities.

To sum up, experiences during being children are the most important of a person’s life. In particular, I think that the affulence of parents is the most strong of other elements. Moreover, childhood years often contribute to cause a person’s ability to be developed largely.

TOEFL listening discussions: What upsets the young man’s mother?

Hi Doshima, I don’t think this essay was quite as strong as some of your other recent ones. Your phrases in talking about childhood sound very odd. Your second body paragraph sounded much better though. It seems like whenever you write about baseball your writing improves! Some of your tenses also had some problems. This is a difficult topic in that respect because you have to tell how actions in the past affect qualities today, so the tenses can get confusing. Also, make sure to notice the difference between affluence and influence. This was especially pernicious because “affluence” would actually work fairly well in most of the places you used it, but I don’t think that is what you were trying to say. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

Thank you very much for corrections.
This time, it was hard to finish one body paragraph because I thought my main idea in this paragraph was not good when I was writing it. I conceived of the idea in second body paragraph easily though. Between ourselves, I think that sports and the Internet are personally considerable useful examples when I write essays :slight_smile: