Topic63:Is modern technology creating a single world culture?

Topic63: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture.

Some people tend to think that modern technology does not contribute to make a single world culture. However, I do not go along with this opinion. In particular, I think that a computer and the Internet affect a world culture greatly. For one thing, a lot of people are able to share their interests together by making use of the Internet. In addition, plenty of people can also access much information free and know a sama event that happen all over the world at the same time.

First of all, a number of people can share their interests with other people by using the Internet, regardless of a place where we live. For instance, these days, anime that are made in Japan are very popular to a lot of people that live in abroad. Almost all of them make use of the Internet to see anime made in Japan. People can also enjoy talking about anime with other people online. In the past, we shared our interests with just a few people that we see directly. Thanks to the Internet, however, people all over the world are able to share their favorites with other people.

Next, we are able to know events that happen all over the world at the same time because we have a means, that is to say the Internet, to access a lot of information. In the past, we could not know other incidents that happened outside our country easily and rapidly. However, with the development of technology, we are able to catch various news all over the world at my home. Therefore, it is easier for people to cooperate to solve various problems which happen in the world, such as enviromental problems, today than in the past because we have same information and recognize the situation at the same time. Modern technology is changing ways to get information.

To sum up, modern technology is making a world culture these days. A lot of people get to share various information, such as their interests, with other people. Also, it is also improving ways to know events all over the world.

TOEFL listening lectures: Who are not included as members of the Underground Railroad?

Hi, I think your writing is really improving - this is probably your best essay to date. You have a clear structure with pretty vivid and personal examples. I especially liked the anime example. You could have had a more specific example for the second body paragraph though - maybe the tsunami in Japan and hurricane Sandy in the US - you could compare them - the whole world knows a lot of details about both of them and various countries are offering help. Your sentences are sounding more natural, but you still have a few grammatical errors. Your vocabulary is still a bit limited though and you have some repetition, but your spelling was very good. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.

Hi, thank you very much for corrections.
To be sure, it would be better to have had the story about the tsunami in Japan. I memorize this example for future essays.