Topic57: Should a person never make an important decision alone?

Topic57: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone.

In general, some people tend to make up their mind an important problem alone. However, I do not go along with this idea. For one thing, one should get various informaion from a lot of other people to make a decision. In addition, one ought to confer with other people to decrease his stress.

First of all, a person had better get plenty of information from other people by talking to them. If a problem is personal, some people may want to decide a solution about the problem alone. However, it leads to bad decisions from time to time. For instance, when I was a high school student, I thought to make up my mind to choose a university to enroll at by myself at first. However, I talked with other people such as my teacher and friends, and I could know some valuable information. With the informaion, I could eventually find a best university. If I decided my university alone, I might regretted its choice now.

Next, a person should confer with some people in order to decrease his mental negative aspects. As a rule, when we have to resolve an important decision, we tend to feel stress and pressure because of worrying it seriously. However, if we talk to other people about the problem, even though we cannot get a appropriate solution then, our stress will become lower by sharing our problem with other people. For instance, my friend had a personal problem in the past. He confered with me about the problem and we talked about it for a few hours. Although I could not provide him with a better solution, he seemed to be content with talking in itself to other person after we finished talking. Therefore, I think that it is important to confer with other person than to keep a problem to myself.

To sum up, I think that a person ought not to make up his mind about an important problem alone. If the preson talks to other people, he can get beneficial information. Also, his stress and pressure will become low.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university arts lecture on Greek drama

Hi, I thought you did a great job on this essay. A very clear structure with a good thesis and topic sentences. You had very few grammatical errors, but you did have a few sentences that could be structured more naturally. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.

Thank you very much for corrections.

I took the TOEFL test yesterday. I think that although I worry about the integrated task, my essay in the independent task was not bad(I appreciate you!).