TOEIC test errors

Hello all,

I have some sentences following. Is there anyone want to try them one time?

1. Our company hasn’t used (A) Mercury Courier Service since their rates have gone up (B), they changed © their schedules, and they wouldn’t insure (D) packages over $300.

2. The mailroom, together with the copy center, is being renovated (A) so that production is increased (B), lighting is © made better, and general working conditions are improved (D).

3. It’s going to take (A) some time for Ms. Patel to get used (B) to our new computer system since she’s come © from the Delhi branch, where a different system is being used (D).

4. If business is (A) slow, our sales reps don’t get (B) bonuses, which is lowering © morale and doesn’t help (D) productivity.

Which underlined phrase in A, B,C and D is wrong? Please choose the wrong phrase and explain it to me if you can.

Thanks.

Hi Hieu :

for me :

1)D
2)A
3)C
4)C

Regards
Emad

Hello Emad,

Thanks alot for your answer. Can you explain about why you chose these phrases to me? It is very important for me to understand those errors. By the way, I want you to understand that maybe I agree with you on sentence 2, but I disagree with you on the rest sentences.

Thanks,
Pham Trung Hieu

1. Our company hasn’t used (A) Mercury Courier Service since their rates have gone up (B), they changed © their schedules, and they wouldn’t insure (D) packages over $300.

IN THE ABOVE B is incorrect. Hasn’t links with since, the B part defines a specific point in time, therefore since their rates WENT up.

1. The mailroom, together with the copy center, is being renovated (A) so that production is increased (B), lighting is © made better, and general working conditions are improved (D).

IN THE ABOVE A is incorrect, the mail room and copy centre ARE being renovated.

1. It’s going to take (A) some time for Ms. Patel to get used (B) to our new computer system since she’s come © from the Delhi branch, where a different system is being used (D).

IN THE ABOVE B is incorrect. i.e. Ms. Patel to get USE to

1. If business is (A) slow, our sales reps don’t get (B) bonuses, which is lowering © morale and doesn’t help (D) productivity.

IN THE ABOVE C is incorrect. This is a FACT If statement (condition 0) therefore "which lowers morale…

I hope this helps!

Hi No Name,

This is new to me!

How come get USE? Surely the error is: being used. The sentence would then read: where a different sytem IS USED.

Alan