TOEFL WRITING:Image that you are in a classroom or a meeting

Topic: Image that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do ?1.Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; 2. Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader; 3. Say nothing.

People are hard to make every speeches or presentation precisely because of the absence of time or memory errors. So, it is normal that meet this situation that the speaker expresses the wrong information. For me, I will talk to the teacher or the meeting leader that there was wrong material they gave after the class or meeting is over for three reasons as below.

First of all, it is very usual that what we think is different from what we express when we speak it quickly, but the thing is that we don’t even recognize the errors we made. Therefore, it is very important that some others can remind us of some errors happened, then we can try to modify it in order to give the right information. This is why I will choose to tell the teacher or the meeting leader. However, I don’t want to embrass them, so I choose to tell them after the meeting or the class.

Second, the meeting leader or the teacher has more time to check the correct information if I tell them after the meeting or the class. Then, choosing the better way for them by themselves to tell the truth to the students or the audiences, even with documents to prove what they talked.

Third of all, harmony between people are very essential. Therefore, I prefer to tell the errors in the privacy situation than tell it in public. Because speaking that in public might decline the respect to the teacher or the meeting leader from the students or the participants. Also, there are time limitations in every class or meeting, so interrupting the presentations in class or meeting will disrupt the agenda that the teacher or the meeting leader has in the beginning, then affect the teacher or the meeting leader’s thinking way and mood, in the end, this is not good for all the persons in class or meeting.

In brief, I will correct the mistakes that the teacher or the meeting leader made after class or meeting and the people are gone because it is very crucial to present the correct information to students and participants. This will leave more time to let the teacher or the meeting leader confirm the information and this can help to keep the harmony between people.

Thank you a lot!

1 Like

You probably wanted to write ‘imagine’ here? “Image” is a noun while ‘imagine’ is the verb.

1 Like

I wrote wrongly, I would like to write “imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting”, thank you!

2 Likes

Can you please try to rephrase this sentence of yours since it’s really difficult to understand what exactly you want to say. Please note that ‘every’ is always followed by the singular form of a noun. So, ‘every speeches’ doesn’t work at any rate. Many thanks, Torsten

1 Like

“It is difficult to make every speech or every presentation perfectly without any mistake for people because of the time limitation of a class or a meeting and wrong memories.”

thank you!
I will note the use of “every” and I hope this sentence is more clear.

Kate

2 Likes

Please note the difference between the adverb ‘perfectly’ and the adjective ‘perfect’ as in. If you want to use perfectly I suggest: It is difficult to deliver every speech or every presentation perfectly.

1 Like

so if i use “perfect”, this would be"make +N+perfect", if use other verbs, it would be"V+N+perfectly", do I understand this correctly?
Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s the general rule, yes.

1 Like