TOEFL topic: You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business.

Kindly edit my essay - Thanks Hema

Topic: You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice.

I would prefer to buy a house, as it gives shelter to my family. When we invest on business we need to work and struggle hard to achieve for the better profit. But house is where we spend our quality time with our family and relax.

Every human beings aspiration will be to buy a house. Affordable people buy a house for their convenient. But the people who are unaffordable are still working hard to buy a house. If given an opportunity, I would prefer to buy a house as this is my aspiration and I will build up my career for better prospects.

House is also an investment. In India the house value has gone up significantly and the value may not come down. Buying a house has become a trend in India.

There is a competition everywhere, before setting up a business we need to know the market better and we should be able to understand the trend and peoples’ liking. We should be well skilled to set up a business other wise we can’t make profit in the competing market.

When we set up a business, we have to struggle hard to make a profit and to pickup in the business. We cannot do the same business for long so we need to implement the new business for better progress, for this we need lot of energy, stamina, etc. Otherwise the business might fall down and we may have to loose the money which we have invested.

But in the case of buying a house becomes a permanent investment. Without any hard work or struggle we can get the double the amount of what we have invested, if we sell it.

Also I’m not capable to set up a business and manage. To set up a business we need to follow government rules & regulation and make proper arrangements for employees, business chores etc.

We may not be able to spend our quality time with our family. Because of business chores we may loose interest in our family. So I feel if I buy a house I will lead a happy life and continue to work and be satisfied.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a science class

Dear Mr. Kitos,

Request you to kindly edit my essay

Thanks,
Hema

Topic: You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice.

I would prefer to buy a house, as it gives shelter to my family. When we invest (in) business we need to work and struggle hard to achieve (a) profit, but (a) house is where we (relax and) spend our quality time with our family.

Every human beings aspiration (is) to buy a house.
(People who can afford to do so) buy a house for their convenien(ce), but the people who are (unable) are still working hard to buy a house. If given an opportunity, I would prefer to buy a house, as this is my (inspiration) and I will build up my career for better prospects.

A house is also an investment. In India (the value of houses has risen )significantly and the value may not come down. Buying a house has become a trend in India.

In business there is (strong) competition everywhere, (so) before setting up a business we need to know the market better and we should be able to understand ( and recognise) the trends.
We should be well skilled to set up a business (otherwise) we can’t make profit in (a) competing market.

When we set up a business, we have to struggle hard to make a profit and to (increase) the business (turnover).
We cannot do the same business for long, so we need to implement new business (strategies) for better progress.
For this we need lot(s) of energy, stamina, etc. otherwise the business might fall down, and we may have to (lose) the money which we have invested.

But in the case of buying a house, (we have) a permanent investment. Without any hard work or (without struggling) we can get double the amount (of our investment if we decide to sell it).

Also I’m not capable (of setting up) a business and manag(ing it).
To set up a business we need to follow government rules & regulation(s) and make proper arrangements for employees, business chores etc.

We may not be able to spend our quality time with our family, because of (our) business chores, (and) we may (lose) interest in our family.
So I really feel that if I buy a house, I would lead a happy life and continue to work and be satisfied.

Nice one Hema.

Kitos.

Thank You Mr. Kitos,

Hema

As ever Hema, you are welcome.

Kitos.

Dear Mr. Kitos,

Pls edit this eesay

Thanks,
Hema

Topic: Success or Luck

I feel success and luck plays a vital role in our lives. Sometimes how much ever we work hard but we will not be able to succeed, but sometimes we will achieve with stressless work. I think it may be the circumstances or luck.

Some people will work hard to aspire. With all the difficulties they will achieve success, but in some peoples’ case it is totally different. When they are trying hard with all their effort but they will still not be able to achieve their goal.

For some it depends on luck and others it depends on their effort and for some people both will not effect.

In my case I’ll not be able to succeed after a prolonged hard work, and the moment I decide to give up, it will be successful. Sometimes I’ll achieve an uninterested assignment or the work which I would have decided to give up.

I always take up the tasks and complete it even if there is any difficulty. Until I complete my tasks I’ll not be peaceful and I’ll not concentrate on anything else. I’ll never give up although if it is prolonged tasks. In case if it’s beyond my limits then I give up and will never take a chance or give a second thought to complete it.

For me luck doesn’t work, today what I’ve achieved is with all my efforts. Luck doesn’t have any role for me but I have seen my friends & colleagues get everything what they need without any tension.

Topic: Success or Luck

I feel success and luck (both play) a vital role in our lives. Sometimes (no matter how hard we work we never seem to succeed), but sometimes we will achieve with stressless work. I think it may be (due to) circumstances or luck.

Some people will work hard to aspire.
With all (of) the difficulties they will (still) achieve success, but in some peoples’ case it is totally different.
When they are trying hard with all their effort they will still not be able to achieve their goal.

For some it depends on luck and others it depends on their effort, and for some people both will (have no effect).

In my case (I’ve never been) able to succeed, (even) after prolonged hard work, and the moment I decide to give up, (I’ve been) successful.
Sometimes I’ll achieve an uninterest(ing) assignment or the work which I would have decided to give up.

I always take up the tasks and complete (them) even if there is (some difficulty in doing so).
Until I complete my tasks I’ll not be peaceful, and (I can’t) concentrate on anything else. I’ll never give up (even) if it is (a) prolonged task.
In (a) case (where) it’s beyond my limits, then I give up and will never take a chance or give a second thought to complete it.

For me luck doesn’t work, today what I’ve achieved is (all by) my efforts. Luck doesn’t have any role for me but I have seen my friends & colleagues get everything that they need without any tension.

Hema, with your determination and tenacity, you will succeed. Never doubt that!

Kitos.

Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern buildings?

Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern buildings?

For city,state and country, new building developement , restructuring old infractrastructue is considered as economic growth in modern world. As far as my opinion is concern , preserving or mantaining the old historic buildings is better idea.
It will have great impects on local community ,businesses and all country citizens .

First of all , To preserve or mantain the old buildings for city require yearly maintence and ultemately manpowers , Which leads the local community towards employment opportunities. For example old building like city hall ,municipal building ,churches where they hold conferences ,sports events ,cultural activity for local community .Most importantly these old buildings have their own specific value in terms of strength , history and material used . Destroying these buildings is nothing but demolishing these great values.

Moroever , redoing the new establishment leads to big spending for the city . On the other hand city can save lot of money just by mantaining these buildings and utilize these money towards health and other necessary needs of local communities .

Finally By mantaining or preserving these historical building attracts many of visitors from other states and countries ,which will have great impects on local businesses like hotels ,restaurents and ultimately to citys economy and employments. Can you imagine what would happen if these infrastruvtures are destroyed ? The city loose its own value in eyes of local public upto globaly.

To summarize ,destroying the city`s old buildings built with old arts which reminds us ancient culture and techniqs is nothing but big loses in respect of economy ,historic importance, local businesses suffering and employments for city and local communities .