TOEFL essay writing: Some people spend their entire lives in one place

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.

In my life journey, during my childhood I was living at one place. After marriage, traveling from place to place. I have seen both the situations. Most interesting to me is traveling from place to place.

I learnt different cultures, traditions, life styles and so on. After marriage, I moved to Dallas. It was a big change in my life. This gave me a great opportunity to learn different cultures like Chinese, Jews, African-American. I have Chinese, African-American friends we all meet each other on their traditional festival eve.For example, on Diwali festival, all the camaraderie gather at my place and have fun.

During my childhood, I have wondered if there is a place with snow, icicle. After moved to Minneapolis those questions became expressions as “Oh!! Snow” played in snow, had fun in making snow man, snow angel. Now, I believe and trust that there are place with ice and snow…

Food is one of the imperatives of life. I like to taste different types of food which enriches by traveling. I have been to Thai resturants, Don pablos, etc.

Overall, moving different places makes my thought broader and paves me path for learning different culture and know as well as feel the nectar of love all over the work which is really amazing and pleasure for me.I would like to move to Australia, Canada imminently.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university instructors