TOEFL essay: Work or travel for a year between finishing high school

Here is my answer for this topic, please help me to find out grammar mistakes and give me some advices. Thank in advance.

TOEFL Topic: In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people.

There are some ideas to point out that young people nowadays should take a job or go travel after they finished high school. On the other hand, interrupted-study maybe lead to lack of knowledge and experience for getting a reasonable career as well as make students to find difficult to accede academic environment again. In my opinion, both sides have its advantages and disadvantages.

The reason for taking job or going travel is that students who had just graduated from high school probably have been restricted in terms of general knowledge and experience of the world. Their education they had got from high school is maybe not enough to catch up with academic environment, so they can take time to go around the world or choose a suitable job. After one or two years later, they will become more self-confident and also have a clear perspective to choose their suitable course in university.

However, this period is also an important time for them to make an important decision. Earning a living and travelling around the world maybe change their mind completely, students probably do not think graduating from famous university is important for them, consequently, catch up with the world and become a part of it is the most important thing in their mind. When they become older, student also will find difficult to accede academic environment again so that they decide to give up. As we know, nowadays academic qualifications are essential and important for getting a success career.

In conclusion, we can see some advantages and disadvantages when we look at both sides from other positions. Good education is the best way for student to improve themselves and make their life better. However, depend on individuals, student can choose the suitable way to get their goal. In some developing country such as my country, getting a job after finishing high school is maybe a wise decision.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the young woman unfamiliar with Q22?