TOEFL Essay : When people succeed, it is because of hard work or luck?

Please help to check my essay.
If you found any grammar or spelling mistake, please feel free to correct me.
Many thanks! :slight_smile:

“When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.

I believe that when people succeed, it is definitely because of hard work. Although it would be painful for him/her, when seeing others can enjoy variety of life and burning the mid night oil to study or work hard in front of the desk or computer. There are avalanche of work need to be implemented before getting successful. This kind of successful person had contributed so much time and energy in his/her life. I strongly believe, what a person sow what he/she will reap.

I read a biography book about the great scientist, Madame Curie. She said: “Losers wait for time, winners create time”. People like to find excuse and say that time is not enough. A successful person, he/she rarely blames others or finds excuses. Without a doubt, this kind of person might be success someday.

A person has a strong desire and passionate to climb career ladder, he/she never only sees the completed part. He/she might keep improving and finding the rest which undone or unlearn. I remember the Hong Kong richest man, Lee Ka Shing said:” Even though I had earned 100 dollars, I just treated it as earning 70 dollars.” Hence, a person who never feels being satisfied for his/her hard work might get successful.

I just read an article about a great investor, Michael Moe. He used to reach office at 4a.m. every morning. Starting his new day with reading 4 newspapers in order to know what are the latest business trends, doing research, filtering the unwanted companies. From this example, as we know a person has a discipline life easier to get successful.

Furthermore, if someone’s nature born abilities have been discovered by others. After receiving proper training or education, I believe that to path of being success become easier for this kind of person. In addition, if there is a cheerful couch or leader helps them to explore his/her maximum and giving advices, it would be helpful to the successful person. Encountered the right person who is able to discover someone nature born ability is another important reason to make a person become success.

In sum, as we know no pain no gain. As long as a person who is being prepared, opportunities are surround us in anytime and anywhere.

(376 words)

TOEFL listening lectures: What happened at the Potsdam Conference?