TOEFL essay: What are the three most important subjects...

[size=150]TOEFL essay[/size]

Essay topic:
What are the three most important subjects to you? Why?

There are many courses offered by high schools. All of the courses are important to us, but I believe that English, biology, and geography are the most important subjects.

First of all, studying English is necessary to everyone because we live in an English-speaking country. If we do not learn English, we will have trouble communicating with others. In addition, most textbooks, novels, and newspapers are written in English. How can we gain knowledge without taking an English course? Besides, as I looked at the “Employment” section in newspapers, most jobs require an applicant who can speak English fluently and can write very well. Therefore, English is essential to all careers.

Biology is a significant subject as well, as it teaches us the functions of various parts of our bodies, and the ways to keep our bodies healthy. Did you know that drinking Coke and coffee at a young age will cause you to shrink when you are older? Did you know that people who sleep longer have a longer memory than people who sleep less? Did you know that heart attack and high blood pressure are caused by your high fat diet when you are a teenager? By taking biology, we learn how to prevent our bodies from getting diseases.

Pollution is a serious problem nowadays, so we must study geography to learn how to protect our environment. According to my geography teacher, much of our groundwater is contaminated from the chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides seeped from the farmland. Moreover, as population increases, more wastes are produced. These wastes not only emit toxic chemicals into our atmosphere, but also take up a lot of spaces. My teacher told me that we should all reduce, reuse, and recycle things as much as we can, in order to alleviate this problem. As for farmers, they should use natural fertilizers instead of chemical ones to grow their crops.

In conclusion, by taking English, biology, and geography at high school, I have gained so much valuable knowledge and skills. I will continue to take these subjects at university so that I can become a successful person for our country.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a Drama professor

Hi Janice,

My suggestions are in CAPITAL letters:

This is excellent.

Alan

[size=150]TOEFL essay sample (2)[/size]

There were so many choices of subjects when I was in school, from that I choosed mathametics, biology and chemistry as my favourite and important subjects for my better carrer. It is a well known that today’s advances in any field wheter in medical or technology is all because of wide knowledge of these subjects. I got bachelor in pharmacy so I found them very important for my studies.

The first important subject for me is mathametics. This subject is very useful in any type of calculation. for instance from simple servey calculation to possibility parameters math is fundamental needs. In my school days I found it very important to keep my scores high, as it is a scoring subject. I was devoting less time than other subjects as it needs skillful formulas to solve problems.

The second subject is biology which gives us knowledge of human kind and other animals and plants existance. biology is very interesting subject. I always like to study it. because of biological researches, today, we are able to extend our life span. There are many diseases, we had eradicated.

The third subject is chemstry which was importat for my profession. From my school days I was really good at it and I was getting good score so I decided to get my bachelor in phramacy where i have chance to acknowledge myselef in chemistry. Chemistry is also importat for sceintific researches.

In conclusion, I would say that these subjects are most important for our education as well as for advances in every field. I would count them as fundamental subjects for our education.

Hi Hema,

My suggestions are in CAPITAL letters:

Alan