Toefl essay: some people choose friends who have different natures, some...

Some people choose friends who are different from themselves. Others choose friends who are similar to themselves. Compare the advantages of having friends who are different from you with the advantages of having friends who are similar to you. Which kind of friend do you prefer for yourself? Why?

[size=150]Toefl essay[/size]

There is a fact that people live for their relation with other people. Especially, relationships are more and more important in the modern world. Friendship is most important among these relationships . To make friends , some people are concerned about the friends’ personalities that are similar to them , in contrast some would like to be friends with people who are opposite in their characters. In my opinion, both kinds of friends have different advantages to us.

Firstly, when we have friends who have similar natures , we could easily be sympathized to them when something is coming up. This kind of friend has the same thoughts to us so we can share the sorrow , the worrying. For instance, I have a sister who is my close friend I can talk to her everything I think without hesitation because she understands me and sometimes we have the same idea.

Secondly, when we have friends who are similar to our characters we could enhance fun , enjoy interesting things together. This kind of friends makes our life more colorful. For example some of my friends are not students but we still play together and gather at weekends to do some fun activities.

On the other hands , different friends also have some noticeable advantages . If we have such friends we can learn a lot of new and interesting things from them because the knowledge and the way they approach a problem is different from us . We can avoid some unpleasant moments when stay in these friends but there is another advantage is that we can easily know how to treat them because we know their rules as well as their reactions.

In my shoes , I have both kinds of these friends but I prefer friends who have different personality because as I said above they bring to us new knowledge and sometimes they are truly friends in difficult situations.

In summation, both kind of friends bring us advantage . Similar friends bring us the sympathetic feelings , increase the fun other while the different friends bring us knowledge , progression

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the registrar’s office?

Hi,

There/ITis a fact that people live for their relationSHIP with other people. Especially, relationships are more and more important in the modern world. Friendship is most important among these relationships . To make friends , some people are concerned about the friends’ personalities that are similar to them/THEIRS , in contrast some would like to be friends with people who are opposite in their characters. In my opinion, both kinds of friends have different advantages to us.

Firstly, when we have friends who have similar natures , we could easily be sympathized/SYMPATHETIC to them when something is coming up. This kind of friend has the same thoughts to/AS OURS us so we can share the sorrow , the worrying. For instance, I have a sister who is my close friend I can talk to her ABOUT everything I think without hesitation because she understands me and sometimes we have the same idea.

Secondly, when we have friends who are similar to our characters we could enhance/INCREASE fun , enjoy interesting things together. This kind of friends/FRIEND makes our life more colorful. For example some of my friends are not students but we still play together and gather at weekends to do some fun activities.

On the other hands/HAND , different friends also have some noticeable advantages . If we have such friends we can learn a lot of new and interesting things from them because the knowledge and the way they approach a problem is different from us/THE WAY WE DO . We can avoid some unpleasant moments when stayING in/WITH these friends but there is another advantage that IS we can easily know how to treat them because we know their rules as well as their reactions.

In my shoes/AS FOR ME , I have both kinds of these friends but I prefer friends who have A different personality because as I said above they bring to us new knowledge and sometimes they are truly friends in difficult situations.

In summation/CONCLUSION, both kindS of friends bring us advantageS . Similar friends bring us the sympathetic feelings , increase the/OUR fun WHILE other different friends bring us knowledge , progression.

A

Thankyou Alan
I guess that from now to weekends I would disturb you more with other essays because I have test on monday next week
Micheal