TOEFL essay samples: A university plans to develop a new research center in...

A university plans to develop a new research center in your country. Some people want a center for business research. Other people want a center for research in agriculture (farming). Which of these two kinds of research centers do you recommend for your country? Use specific reasons in your recommendation.

I am not an economist . So I can not argue about this subject scientificaly. So what I will say are only my personal opinions.I think that answer of this question strongly depends on area that we are living in.I am living in iran and I think that a center for agricultural research is better than a center for bussiness research.I have my own reasons for this opinion that I will poit out below: Firstly , iran exports billions of barrels of oil to other countries each year. Gavernment earns a lot of money from export of oil and gas and uses most fraction of them for military purposes and daily consumption of people . Goverment is very big and people donot have enough money for great bussineses because they can not compete with the government. Goverment opposes with globalization .There are small stocks with limited exchanges and bussines dont exist in our country in high level.So I think that developing a center for bussines affairs with this situation is only the waste of money.

Seconly,Iran imports million tons of agricultural products evry year.A lot of people immigrate to urban areas from rural areas every year . Tehran is capital of iran that have 12 million people whereas iran has 60 million people. it makes tehran one of the polluted cities in the world. tehran has also very traffic problems . I think that developing an agricultural center can help for stopping immagration to urban areas . This can help to reduce consumtopns of the country and equal supply and demand. All in all ,I think that a center dor research in agriculture is necessary for iran and maybe this is not a good plan for other countries.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the Louisiade Archipelago host more bird species than the Hawaiian Islands?

I am not an economist . So I can not argue about this subject scientificaly. So what I will say are only my personal opinions.I think that THE answer TO this question strongly depends on THE area that we are living in. I am living in Iran and I think that a center for agricultural research is better than a center for business research.I have my own reasons for this opinion that I will poiNt out below: Firstly , Iran exports billions of barrels of oil to other countries each year. THE GOvernment earns a lot of money from THE export of oil and gas and uses most of IT for military purposes and daily consumption of people .THE Goverment is very big and people do not have enough money for great busineses because they cannot compete with the government. THE Goverment opposes globalization .There are small stocks with limited exchanges and busines doES nt exist in our country AT A high level.So I think that developing a center for busines affairs with this situation is only A waste of money.

SeconDly,Iran imports millionS OF tons of agricultural products evry year.A lot of people immigrate to urban areas from rural areas every year . Tehran is THE capital of Iran that haS 12 million people whereas Iran has 60 million people. It makes Tehran one of the polluted cities in the world. Tehran has also very traffic problems . I think that developing an agricultural center can help for stopping immIgration to urban areas . This can help to reduce consumtopns of the country and PROVIDE AN equal supply and demand. All in all ,I think that a center For research in agriculture is necessary for Iran and maybe this is not a good plan for other countries.

Alan