TOEFL essay sample: Some students like classes where teacher

[size=150]TOEFL essay sample[/size] (question)

Some students like classes where teachers lecture (do all of the taking) in class. Other students prefer classes where the students do some of the talking. Which type of class do you prefer? Give specific reasons and details ti support your choice.

TOEFL Essay
There are a lot of methods how classes can be lead. Some students like to listen to teachers without any discussions. Others prefer to have some talkings on the related topics. Naturally, both methods have advantages and disadvantages. But as for me, I would choose classes where I can do some of the talking. I will present my arguments as follows.

First of all, I think that such classes will promote more academic efficiency. Students can discuss the related topics of the class. They can find a lot of different opinions on particular subjects or themes. If somebody does not understand something he/she can ask his/her classmates while talking. Moreover, such classes help students to develop their communication skills. This is strikingly important if taking into account the level of nowadays competition in the labour market. All the described aspects undoubtly encrease the students academic efficiency.

Secondly, all students can benefit from such classes. While talking about a particular subject students can write down the conversation and than look through it to prepare for the term paper or some other paper. This classes will give students an opportunity to express their own standpoints; and therefore, students can easily find out what others think of it. For example, in my university there were a lot of classes where we were required to participate in the talkings. I remember that in all theses classes I got the highest grade because I was one of the most active participants of such classes. In addition, all students stated that the grades that were received in such classes were higher than those of the other classes. That is why these form of teaching is beneficial to all students.

In conclusion, there may be some advantages of classes where teachers do all of the talking. But as my arguments were presented above, I consider classes where there are opportunities for students to talk on the related topics more useful. Such classes can promote academic efficiency and all students can benefit from them. If I have chance to choose which kind of classes to attend, I would definitely choose classes where students can do some of the talking.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the purpose of this conversation?

Hi Kong

I’ve made some changes in your essay:

There are a lot of ways classes can be conducted. Some students like to listen to teachers without actively participating. Others prefer to have some discussions on the related topics. Naturally, both methods have advantages and disadvantages. But as for me, I would choose classes where I can do some of the talking. My arguments are as follows.
First of all, I think that such classes promote more academic efficiency. Students can discuss the topics related to the class. They can hear various different opinions on particular subjects or themes. If somebody does not understand something, he/she can ask his/her classmates while talking. Moreover, this type of class helps students to develop their communication skills. This is strikingly important when taking into account the level of competition in the labour market nowadays. All the aspects described undoubtedly increase the students’ academic efficiency.
Secondly, all students can benefit from such classes. While a particular subject is being discussed, students can write down the conversation and then later look through their notes to prepare for the term paper or some other paper. These classes give students an opportunity to express their own standpoint; and therefore, students can easily find out what others think of it. For example, at my university there were a lot of classes where we were required to participate in discussions. I remember that in all these classes I got the highest grade because I was one of the most active participants. In addition, all the other students stated that the grades they received in such classes were higher than those of other classes. That is why this form of teaching is beneficial to all students.
In conclusion, while there may be some advantages to classes where teachers do all of the talking, I consider classes where there are opportunities for students to talk about the topics more useful. Such classes can promote academic efficiency and all students can benefit from them. If I had a chance to choose which kind of class to attend, I would definitely choose a class where students can do some of the talking.

Amy

Hi Amy,

Many thanks for amending Kongs essay, I’m sure he happy that you help him prepare for his TOEFL exam while Alan is recharging his mental batteries and celebrating his birthday with his family…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: A woman calls up a company to accept a job offer[YSaerTTEW443543]