Toefl essay sample: Many people like to spend lots of time

[size=150]Toefl essay sample[/size]

[color=brown]Many people like to spend lots of time with their friends. others like to see their friends only once in a while.Which kind of a person are you?Provide reasons and examples to support your answer.

I am a kind of person who meet and spend time with my friends once in a while,and this because of time constraint.I have a small circle of friends and they are my childhood friends.

Some people meet their friends very often and it has become a fad these days to go to pub and disco late in the night with friends.And there is general misconception that friends who meet often and spend time together are the best pals.I feel we can maintain our friendship even if we dont meet them often.I have many chat friends with whom I share a healthy relationship.They are not from my country and therefore i cant meet them ,but i keep in touch with them through e-mails and chat.

When I was in college I used to spend a lot of time with my friends and never made time for my family. I realized that it is not right to be biased and learnt to make time for my family.Some people hardly make time for their family and only spend their free time with their friends.We should learn to make time for our family and spend some quality time with them.But this does not mean we can forget our friends and that they are not important to us.I make sure that I meet my friends on their birthdays ,anniversary and even on friendship day.

Therefore I feel there is nothing wrong in meeting our friends once in a while.As long as we know to maintain our friendship,I think it will last forever.

Please check my essay for any grammatical errors and plz give me ur suggestion how to improve.

Thanks!

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (2)

Hi Alan ,

Please evaluate my essay …Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I am THE kind of person who meetS and spendS time with my friends once in a while,and this because of time constraint.I have a small circle of friends and they are my childhood friends.

Some people meet their friends very often and it has become a fad/FASHION IT HAS BECOME FASHIONABLE these days to go to A pub and disco late inTO the night with friends.And there is A general misconception that friends who meet often and spend time together are the best OF pals.I feel we can maintain our friendship even if we don’t meet them often.I have many chat/CLOSE friends/MANY FRIENDS WITH WHOM I CHAT with whom I share a healthy relationship.They are not from my country and therefore i/I can’t meet them ,but i/I keep in touch with them through e-mails and chat.

When I was in college I used to spend a lot of time with my friends and never made time for my family. I realized that it is not right to be biased and learnt to make time for my family.Some people hardly make time for their family and only spend their free time with their friends.We should learn to make time for our family and spend some quality time with them.But this does not mean we can forget our friends and that they are not important to us.I make sure that I meet my friends on their birthdays ,anniversarIES and even on friendship day.

Therefore I feel there is nothing wrong in meeting our friends once in a while.As long as we know HOW to maintain our friendship,I think it will last forever.

A