TOEFL essay sample: It Is More Important For Students...

[size=150]TOEFL essay sample[/size]

IT IS MORE IMPORTANT FOR STUDENTS TO STUDY HISTORY AND LITERATURE THAN MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE. DO YOU AGREE OR DIAGREE WITH THIS. GIVE REASONS TO SUPPORT YOUR ANSWER.

No doubt, history and literature are important aspect of studies, but role of science and mathematics cannot be ruled out.Knowledge of science and mathematics is more important for us, because of its versatile application. So,I believe that it is more important for a student to study science and maths than any other subject like history and literature.

As we older we become inquisitive about the nature around us. With thousands of mind boggling questions like how was the earth formed? why do sky looks blue? How do we experience solar and lunar eclipse?why can some birds fly high and others cannot? All These questions can be answered by the knowledge of science only. In addition to this, various day to day application of science helps us to know why and how we need to inculcate it in our life.For instance, we keep a ice water sponge on the forehead of a person suffering from a high fever. We use convex lens and concave lenses to correct the vision, Thus, there can be plenty of examples to quote.

On the hand, mathematics helps us to solve the numerical problems in our daily interactions.We can count the money, calculate the discount given to us on a product or a service. Some sciences like astronomy, astrology. commerce, accounts need a good understanding of the subject. Calculations related to the population, weather forcast, changes in temperature all require a good skill of mathematics.

History and literature tells us about the past civilization and culture of human race, and which are also an important ingredient of our life. But ,in my opinion if one has to make choice between the two, I would give more preference to science and maths, as they are indispensible form of knowledge.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention New York Harbor?