TOEFL essay sample: How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?

How do movies or television influence people’s behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support
Your answer.

This is very serious question, whose answer often stays concealed. I think that the movies and the television have many methods to influence people’s behavior. This influence varys from positive to negative.
However, In major case many televisions prefer to show movies and programs which are interesting for the public, but often they are dangerous for it. For example movies which contain violence, sexual scences and drug using may influence people’s behavior in one negative way.

In the era of the market many people want to sell their products by all means. They are ready to trespass the basic moral principles for doing that.

I think that the governments must take the control on the televisions. It’ll protect children from dangerous programs.

Many modern contries are incorporate in their legislations different law restrictions about dangerous programs and movies. The films in this countries must be marked with red dot, whose aim is to warn parents that the movie is not appropriate for their children. I think that it’s the right solution and all countries must follow this experience.

Also, the films and the television have some positive effects. For instance, they are easy way to learn different languages. The films and the television have another positive effect - they improve general knowledge. I accept that the films are one kind of the art but I think that they may be dangerous kind of art.

In conclusion, I think that the effects of the movies and the television programs must be profoundly consider. It’ll decrease many social deviations like child aggression, drug using, smoking and drinking.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the young man have grapes for lunch?

This is A very serious question, whose answer often stays concealed. I think that the movies and the television have many methods to influence people’s behavior. This influence varIEs from positive to negative.
However, In MOST caseS many televisions prefer to show movies and programs which are interesting for the public, but often they are dangerous . For example movies which contain violence, sexual scenes and drug using may influence people’s behavior in A negative way.

In the era of the market many people want to sell their products by ANY means. They are ready to trespass the basic moral principles IN doing that.

I think that the governments must take control OF the television COMPANIES. It’ll protect children from dangerous programs.

Many modern coUntries incorporate in their legislations different LEGAL restrictions about dangerous programs and movies. The films in thESE countries must be marked with A red dot, whose aim is to warn parents that the movie is not appropriate for their children. I think that it’s the right solution and all countries must follow this experience.

Also, the films and the television have some positive effects. For instance, they are AN easy way to learn different languages. The films and the television have another positive effect - they improve general knowledge. I accept that the films are one kind of the art but I think that they may be A dangerous kind of art.

In conclusion, I think that the effects of the movies and the television programs must be SERIOUSLY considerED. It’ll decrease many social deviations like child aggression, drug using, smoking and drinking.

Alan