TOEFL essay sample: close relationship with pets

[color=blue]Many people have a close relationship with their pets. These people treat their birds, cats or other animals as members of their family. In your opinion, are such relationships good? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, many people intend to treat their animals as members of their family. Large numbers of people think that having pets is important. In my opinion, having close relationships with pets is not a good idea. In this essay, I’ll discuss the reasons and explain my opinion.

Firstly, if the pets pass away, their owners would be very depressed. this can cause many illnesses such as obesity, anorexia and depression. Thisis becoming a serious issue among teenagers. Futhermore the pets would amke excrements around the house and it will create an awful smell. Therefore the pet owners can smell awful as well. Another important reason is it costs too much money to keep the pets. All the groceries, toys, houses and clothes could require large amount of money. As a result teenagers won don’t earn money would be difficult to keep the animals. Moreover, the pets would bark during the night especially dogs. Neighbours would find this unpleasant noise which can become a fight.

In conclusion, although keeping animals would be enjoyable and comfortable, this brings many problems and disadvantages. As a result it would be much better and beneficial to not to keep the animals.

[color=red]

Could you check my essay?
Thank you

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (2)

Hi,

My suggestions are in CAPITAL LETTERS:

Alan