TOEFL essay: Qualities in a son or daughter.

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Is it possible for people to care for their parents more or less depending on culture? This is a difficult question that I have been asking myself for a period of time now. So far I have not been able to find the correct answer, but I have been able to determine some of the differences between the way children act towards their parents. Many of this changes has to do with the fact that culture plays an important role in the way children are raised, and in the way they behave later in life. Children should have many qualities, however, in the eyes of our parents no matter how we may act, they will always love us unconditionally.
When we compare children raised in different countries we realize that they are so different in the way they care for their family. Hispanic people for example, have a different way of teaching their children. Respect for all the adults is mandatory, you will not hear a kid telling a teacher you are stupid. This does not happen in our culture, because we know that when we get home we will be severely punished. However, here in North America to hear a kid calling his/her parents stupid sounds normal. Latin people don’t have all the commodities, and parents have to work hard to provide for their children. When their children become man and woman, they are the ones who care for their old parents. They are not likely to put them in a senior home. Something that is seen in North America all the time. So why do Hispanic people care more for their parents? Maybe because of the poor conditions in which we were brought up, and they way we were taught to appreciate what we’ve got.

What makes a son or daughter a good child has to do with the way they act towards their parents. In my opinion, a good son will always respect his parents regardless of the situation. He will never raise his voice to them, or be disrespectful. We owe our lives to our parents, therefore, it is only fare to give them back the same amount of love, care, and the respect they have given us. Most of our parents have worked really hard to give us all that we need. They keep two or three jobs to provide us with the life style we want. So that we can go to the best schools, and get a good education. Mother is just one person, she cannot be replaced with anyone else, she is the one who carried us in her womb for 9 months, and spent all those sleepless nights taking care of us. Giving unconditional love, and showing us all the things we can accomplish, supporting us through the toughest times of our lives.

In conclusion, children should have many important qualities, but love for their parents, and appreciation for the things they have done for us is the most important one. Providing our parents with the same care they gave us. Not because we are married, and have formed our own family it means that we have to forget about them. Family is very important in every person. In my eyes my son would be a good son if he shows me respect, love, and appreciates all my efforts. Showing your love is crucial to our parents. However actions speak louder than words.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which characteristic of Ireland does the professor utilize in his lecture?

Is it possible for people to care for their parents more or less depending on culture?

This is a difficult question that I have been asking myself for a period of time now. So far I have not been able to find the correct answer, but I have been able to determine some of the differences between the way children act towards their parents. Many of th(ese) changes ha(ve) to do with the fact that culture plays an important role in the way children are raised, and in the way they behave later in life. Children should have many qualities, however, in the eyes of our parents no matter how we may act, they will always love us unconditionally.
When we compare children raised in different countries we realize that they are so different in the way they care for their family. Hispanic people for example, have a different way of teaching their children. Respect for all the adults is mandatory, you will not hear a kid telling a teacher you are stupid. This does not happen in our culture, because we know that when we get home we will be severely punished. However, here in North America to hear a kid calling his/her parents stupid sounds normal. Latin people don’t have all the commodities, and parents have to work hard to provide for their children. When their children become m(e)n and wom(e)n, they are the ones who care for their old parents. They are not likely to put them in a senior home. Something that is seen in North America all the time. So why do Hispanic people care more for their parents? Maybe because of the poor conditions in which we were brought up, and they way we were taught to appreciate what we’ve got.

What makes a son or daughter a good child has to do with the way they act towards their parents. In my opinion, a good son will always respect his parents regardless of the situation. He will never raise his voice to them, or be disrespectful. We owe our lives to our parents, therefore, it is only fare to give them back the same amount of love, care, and the respect they have given us. Most of our parents have worked really hard to give us all that we need. They keep two or three jobs to provide us with the life style we want. So that we can go to the best schools, and get a good education. Mother is just one person, she cannot be replaced with anyone else, she is the one who carried us in her womb for 9 months, and spent all those sleepless nights taking care of us. Giving unconditional love, and showing us all the things we can accomplish, supporting us through the toughest times of our lives.

In conclusion, children should have many important qualities, but love for their parents, and appreciation for the things they have done for us is the most important one. Providing our parents with the same care they gave us. Not because we are married, and have formed our own family it means that we have to forget about them. Family is very important in every person. In my eyes my son would be a good son if he shows me respect, love, and appreciates all my efforts. Showing your love is crucial to our parents. However actions speak louder than words.
[/quote]

Thank you Kitos
I should study sentence structure and the use of conjuctions.
I’m glad i didn’t have as many errors as before, I have been writing a lot I guess that has helped me.

You are very kind, God bless you :slight_smile:

Just my own opinion, to the best of my knowledge:

This is a difficult question that I have been asking myself for a period of time now. So far I have not been able to find (I suppose that it was better to right = to find out what is) the correct answer, but I have been able to determine some of the differences between the way (ways) children act towards their parents. Many of these changes have to do with the fact that culture plays an important role in the way children are raised (, comma is not necessary) and in the way they behave later in life. Children should have many qualities,(qualities;) however, in the eyes of our parents no matter how we may act, they will always love us unconditionally.
When we compare children raised in different countries we realize that they are so different in the way they care for their family. Hispanic people for example, (take Hispanic people for example who) have a different way of teaching their children. Respect for all the adults is mandatory,(mandatory;) you will not hear a kid telling a teacher you are stupid. This does not happen in our culture, (because of fear of being punished by our parents as its own upcoming after-effect) because we know that when we get home we will be severely punished. However, (this is in stark contrast to the country where I live) here in North America to hear a kid calling his/her parents stupid sounds normal. Latin people don’t have all the commodities, and parents have to work hard to provide for their children. When their children become men and women,(grow up) they are the ones who (will) care for their old parents. They are not likely to put them in a senior home. (This is actually) something that is seen in North America all the time. So why do Hispanic people care more for their parents? Maybe because of the poor conditions in which we were brought up, and they way we were taught to appreciate what we’ve got.

What makes a son or daughter a good child has to do with the way they act towards their parents. In my opinion, a good son will always respect his parents regardless of the situation. He will never raise his voice to them, or be disrespectful. We owe our lives to our parents, (parents;) therefore, it is only fare to give them back the same amount of love, care, and the respect they have given us. Most of our parents have worked really hard to give us all that we need. They keep two or three jobs to provide us with the life style we want. So that we can go to the best schools, and get a good education. Mother is just one person, she cannot be replaced with anyone else, she is the one who carried us in her womb for 9 months, and spent all those sleepless nights taking care of us. Giving unconditional love, and showing us all the things we can accomplish, supporting us through the toughest times of our lives.

[/quote]

Hi Yamilet, you have used advanced vocabulary with a high degree of accuracy, a good proverb, and beautiful grammatical structures. moreover, your viewpoints could attract the reader.

Hey you both, I just find you. I double checked some essays and comments of yours and I found out you are expert in writing.

Thank you Richard for your comments
Semicolon is really hard to know exactly where and when to use them.
I have still grammatical problems, as well as where to use the comma.
My test is on the 19 so any other suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Hey you both, I just find you. I double checked some essays and comments of yours and I found out you are expert in writing.
Is this your signature? I didn’t understand what you ment.

Hi.
hey! yeah! It might leads to misunderstanding. No, forget it.

I believe that there is nothing to be worry about. your writing is good and you should have confidence in your own abilities.