TOEFL essay: People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing

Hi Alan! Can you make any comment and maybe tell me what score I probably get on this essay attempt? Thanks in advance, Gaby

People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Sometimes in our life people end up doing things they don’t like very much. This things may be working in a job they don’t like or study for subjects they don’t enjoy studying. There are many reasons why people have to do these tasks from time to time.

One of the reasons is for necessity. People need to work in a job they really don’t like to support their families. For example, a newly graduate from College or University can’t expect to find a job related with their profession. Sometimes they have to work as waiters in restaurants and cafes or at as a receptionist to support their families. Also to gain experience that may help them get the job they like in the future.

Another reason is that people have to study subjects they don´t really love but they have to because it is required by school, Collegue or University. For example, to become a primary teacher I had to study math and science because those subjects are essential to get the certificate. To become a teacher was my goal and eventhoug Math and science were not my favorite subjects, I had to study them anyway.

In conclusion, sometimes people have to perform assignemts they don’t really adore doing. They must work to gain money to pay for necessity things or to support theis love ones. Sometimes people need to study subjects they don’t really like to achieve other goals or graduate from school, College or University. At the end, all things we do in life make us better prepared for all chalenges we will encounter in the future. You never know when something you didn’t value in the past may help you in the future.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the student talking to the advisor?