TOEFL Essay: Parents or Teachers are more important to children education?

Teachers and parents both have strong influence to children. However, some people argue that parents are more important to the education of children than teachers. In my view, I definitely agree with this opinion because of following reasons:

Firstly, children live with parents in most of their time in their childhood. Everyday, children spend only four or five hours at school but stay at home more. During that time, they live with parents and are influenced by parents’ education. Therefore, parents play a more important role than teachers in forming children personality.

Besides, parents are also the people who understand their children more than anyone else. They know very clearly their children’s thought, temper, and desire. So, parents know what is the best method to communicate, share feeling with, and educate children.

Parents are also the people that children trust most. Whenever they face difficulties in their life and need a shoulder, they always come to their parents and seek for advices. Say another way, they believe that parents can tell them what are right to do in life.

Finally, children rely on their parents for financial support until they mature, so they need their parents and obey to parents’ orders. In some circumstances, this dependency is a very important factor to assure that children accept the education from parents.

In summary, I believe that parents are more important than teachers in children educating.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (4)

Hi,

My suggestions are in CAPITAL LETTERS:

Teachers and parents both have strong influence ON children. However, some people argue that parents are more important to the education of children than teachers. In my view, I definitely agree with this opinion FOR THE following reasons:

Firstly, children live with parents most of their time in their childhood. Every day, children spend only four or five hours at school but stay at home LONGER. During that time, they live with parents and are influenced by THEIR parents’ education. Therefore, parents play a more important role than teachers in forming children’S personality.

Besides, parents are also the people who understand their children more than anyone else. They know very clearly their children’s thoughtS, temper, and WISHES. So, parents know what is the best method to communicate, share feelingS with, and educate children.

Parents are also the people that children trust most. Whenever they face difficulties in their life and need a shoulder, they always come to their parents and seek ADVICE. SaID another way, they believe that parents can tell them what IS THE right THING to do in life.

Finally, children rely on their parents for financial support until they mature, so they need their parents and obey THEIR parents’ orders. In some circumstances, this dependency is a very important factor THAT ENSURES children accept the education from parents.

In summary, I believe that parents are more important than teachers in THE EDUCATION OFchildren.

Alan