Toefl essay: Parents are the best teachers

Do you know what the word “teacher” means? Based on the Cambridge advanced learner’s dictionary, teacher is the one whose job is to teach in a school or college. FROM my point of view, that definition is only one side of this word. A teacher can be anyone who gave you knowledge, experience and good advice. Therefore, if you wonder who our best teacher is, I will have no hesitation in saying those are our parents who taught us the first lessons and many things in our life in the best way.
Obviously, the first teachers that we have in our lives are our parents. They teach us how to crawl, walk, speak, ride a bicycle, respect elders, behave ourselves etc. I agree with this statement that parents are the best teachers and i will give specific reasons to support my answer.
Firstly, They with great patience pass down the essential knowledge that we need in order to join the real world.
Children often copy their parents habits and traits because they think that they always do the right things. Children mostly wish to be like their mother or father. Parents are best teachers and they always wish success for thier children and teach them to stay away from the bad things.
Secondly, parents play a vital role in making the character of their child.Adolescence is the period when a children learns more from their friends than thier parents. At this stage many children try to reject their parents advices and warnings. They try to work with their own experience and try to analyze their mistakes. It is very important for parents in this period to be supportive and patient. Children may slam door and refuse to do some things because they want to feel independence. Parents warn their children to stay away from the bad company. They warn them about the dangers of cigrettes and drugs. Parents must talk about everything with their children because it can save their lives. Parents help their children in different troubles and mistakes and help them to analyze their mistakes.
However in real future, However in order to succeed in today’s world children need more than just to know good manners and be able to read and write. They need real teachers who could teach them mathematics, science, Accounting etc. The teachers who can give them knowledge about world, who can increase their essential skills etc.
In short, I think that parents are the best teachers because they give their knowledge that can not be taken from books when it needs to be known by children.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does ‘monotreme’ mean?