TOEFL essay: One should never judge person by external apperances

The topic under discussion is whether a person should be judged by his external appearances.In my opinion one should never judge person by external apperances.This is because external appearances doesn’t always represent true person.The only way to judge a person is to know innerself by spending some time with him/her.

One reason i think external apperances shouldn’t be considered is that actual person is not considered in judgement.Its like judging that fruit is tasteless jusy by looking at outer sheath.But fruit may be very tasteful.So we cannot a judge a person is good or bad just by taking looks in to account.One example to quote is film actors.We only see them on screens.We cannot judge that actor is good person because he/she is beautiful and acts superbly.Infact in real world they might be chicanerous than no body would have expected.

Another reason i think external appearances shouldn’t be used is people often tend to feign for various purposes.For example in a party if one dresses himself in a good suit and show some attitude,it doesn’t mean that he comes from a royal family or he is millionare.We have to cross check things before we come to conclusion about a person.

Finally i think the best way to judge a person is to enquire about his/her background and if necessary spend some time with him/her.By spending time we will come to know how the person behaves,thinks.we will come to know the real innerself of person.So one should think twice before judging a person just by external apperances.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the young woman unfamiliar with Q22?

The topic under discussion is whether a person should be judged by (their) external appearances. In my opinion one should never judge (a) person by external appe(a) rances (alone), because (these)(don’t) always represent (the) true person.
The only way to judge a person is to (get to) know (them) by spending some time with (them).

One reason (I) think external apperances shouldn’t be considered is that (an) actual person is not (being) considered in (their true light).
It(’)s like judging that (a) fruit is tasteless (simply) by looking at (its) outer sheath.
But (the) fruit may be very (tasty), so we cannot judge (whether) a person is good or bad just by taking (their) looks (into) account.

One example to quote is film actors; We only (ever) see them on (our)screens.
We cannot judge (if) that actor is (a) good person because he/she is beautiful and acts superbly. In (the) real world they might be (more cantankerous than anyone) would have expected.

Another reason (I) think external appearances shouldn’t be used is (that) people often tend to feign for various purposes.
For example, in a party, if one dresses himself in a good suit and show(s) some attitude,it doesn’t mean that he comes from a royal family or (that) he is (a) millionare.
We (need) to cross-check things before we come to (a) conclusion about a person.

Finally (I) think the best way to judge a person is to enquire about his/her background, and if necessary, (to) spend some time with him/her.
By spending time (with them) we will come to know how the (other)person behaves (and) thinks.
(W)e will come to know the real innerself of (that) person.

So, one should think twice before judging a person just by external apperances (alone).

Sandy, you persist in using (i) instead of (I) when speaking about yourself. Bad mistake!
Your vocabulary is not limited. Try to use some other means of expressing your thoughts without repeating yourself. Nevertheless, a nice essay.

Hi kitos,

Thanks for comments.Next time onwards i will take care.

Sandeep.