TOEFL essay: Not everything that is learned is contained in books

It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?
I personally feel like knowledge gained from books is more than knowledge gained from experience.
For example ,an young student mostly depend on books to gain knowledge rather than his personal experience because, he don’t have experience or maturity.
Gaining knowledge from experience is good ,i remember on e proverb “PRACTICE MAKE MAN PERFECT”.A good decision is based on experience .With practice he can gain experience.
In my home country i saw many people consulting elderly before taking any decision regarding any business or job because, they feel like they have lot of experience.
Parents usually guide kids about there education because they feel like they got experience.
Reading books is good, it improves knowledge about subject and you can master on each part ,and utilize for practical purpose.
Before taking any job many companies prefer experienced persons because they can do work quickly and also has knowledge on particular subject.So, its time and money Reading books help in brushing knowledge and can get to know about new discoveries ,while with experience we can make quick decision but difficult to know about new discoveries.
So, my conclusion is reading books and experience are both good to gain knowledge.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which event or development did not strongly influence the history of bread?