TOEFL essay: Many people visit museums when they travel to new places

Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Now days we see a great increase in number of museum visitors all over the world. Museums became one of the most popular attractions to the visitors of the cities and countries. In my opinion travelers and local residents have developed desire to museums due to some most important reasons:

First, the interest to obtain more information about the place they visit. Museum always was the most profound source to information related to the city in which located. I assume that visitors in Amsterdam, Holland would gain best information about the city and area at the local museum.

Second, the desire to history knowledge. As wise man said “There is no future without past”. People now days feel hunger for history. They wish to reveal and discover their roots. Unfortunately, political and social circumstances distributed nations at all over the world. Travelers in different countries visit museums to reveal more information about their families and families lives in the country.

I assume that visiting museums is the only way to expose yourself to history and other interesting information . And the most important thing is that the information contained in museums is fully truthful and reliable.

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of USA Today does the professor mainly discuss?

Hello , Alen

What do you think about the essay?

I know that the shape of it a bit wrong but the copy and paste didn’t go wright.

Thank you so much for your help.

Valeriya

Hi,

Your essay seems relatively good. You satisfactorily respond to the requirements of the task and your vocabulary and grammar would hardly get in your way on most standardised ESL tests.

All the best

EU

(I didn’t really understand the sentence highlighted in [color=red]red. I think you should reword it.)