TOEFL essay: In your country, is there more need for land to be left in its...

It would be very nice if some could rate this essay for me :slight_smile: :roll: :oops: :oops:

Topic 181
In your country, is there more need for land to be left in its natural condition or is there more need for land to be developed for housing and industry? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Since cities in my country considerably enlarged, there is a serious need for land to be left in its natural condition. There have been constructed too many buildings. There has also been too much pollution for the last few years. Consequently, people need land free of houses or contamination where people can best enjoy the nature.

Since many people moved to the cities, the number of buildings has rapidly increased. There have been made new houses, office buildings, shop centers and factories. Currently, there are so many buildings that the newly constructed ones cannot be sold. As a result, people need some land to be left in its natural condition rather than wasted for unnecessary housing.

And yet, overbuilding is not the only major problem that has soon occurred. Since many people moved to the cities, numerous areas have become polluted. The increasing number of motor vehicles, industry factories, office buildings and houses has contributed to contaminating the environment. What is worse is that it is not only that air that is polluted, but water as well. So, I’m convinced that it is essential for people in the cities to have green resources that are not polluted or destructed by human activity.

If there are more green parks or forests in my country, life will get much less stressful and dynamic than now. I believe that people would best relax and enjoy themselves in the nature. They would surely appreciate the nature and its seasonal changes. Green parks do not provide only pleasure, but also healthy activities such as walking, running or riding a bike which are absolutely impossible to be done in the big overcrowded cities.

As a whole, I suppose that it would be much better if there is more land left in its natural condition rather than used for housing or industry constructions. Green areas would surely contribute to our community as they would not provide contamination and stress but pleasure and entertainment.

TOEFL listening discussions: How many types of IMA passes are available?