TOEFL Essay: I prefer learning by reading to learning by doing

Hello!
Please review my essay, your feedback is really important.

Question:
Some people learn by reading about things. Others learn by doing things. Which of these methods of learning is netter for you? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
Answer:
Education by reading and education by doing things are two different ways to learn anything. The choice depends on person’s character, subject and conditions of studying. During my education in university I got used to learn by reading and since then I’ve applied such approach in many different situations. I prefer it because I could learn about inaccessible things, save my time and use the mankind legacy.

One of the most important advantages of education by reading is the possibility to study inaccessible things. If you can’t fly in the space you may imagine it when you are reading. If you have no abilities to go in some exotic country you may read the books or articles about its culture. I don’t think that reading is a full replacement of live experience, but in many cases we haven’t another possibility.

Reading also helps us to save our time and efforts. When you’re attempting to do something new you make many mistakes and book, in such situation, become your map in uncertainty. Some years ago I started riding on a snowboard. Before the first descent I had read some articles from Internet about beginner’s steps in this sport. Following the instructions, I have learned to ride in two days while my friends have achieved the same result in a week.

Why must you do the explorations, which were already made by another people? I guess it’s unnecessary to invent the relative theory or bicycle again whereas you could improve the existent solutions or investigate something new, but on the base of other people’s experience.
You mustn’t spend all your life on investigation of quarks; you can only open a book.

Though both approaches to learning are important, I suppose that education by reading is more appropriate for me. Basing on experience of other people I could not only save my efforts, but also learn about inaccessible, in my usual life, things.

Thank you!

TOEFL listening discussions: What started this conversation?

HI,

Education by reading and education by doing things are two different ways to learn anything. The choice depends on A person’s character, subject and conditions of studying. During my education AT university I got used to learnING by reading and since then I’ve applied THIS approach TO many different situations. I prefer it because I could learn about inaccessible things, save my time and use the legacy OF MANKIND.

One of the most important advantages of education by reading is the possibility to study inaccessible things. If you can’t fly in space you may imagine it when you are reading. If you ARE UNABLE TO go TO some exotic country you may read the books or articles about its culture. I don’t think that reading is a full replacement FOR live experience, but in many cases we haven’t anY other possibility.

Reading also helps us to save our time and efforts. When you’re attempting to do something new you make many mistakes and A book, in such A situation, becomeS your map in uncertainty. Some years ago I started riding on a snowboard. Before the first descent I had read some articles from THE Internet about beginner’s steps in this sport. Following the instructions, I learned to ride in two days while my friends achieved the same result in a week.

Why must you do the explorations, which were already made by other people? I guess it’s unnecessary to invent the theory OF RELATIVITY or THE bicycle again whereas you could improve the existING solutions or investigate something new, but on the base of other people’s experience.
You mustn’t spend all your life on investigation of quarks; you can only open a book.

Though both approaches to learning are important, I suppose that education by reading is more appropriate for me. BasED on THE experience of other people I CAN not only save my efforts, but also learn about THE inaccessible, things IN MY DAILY LIFE.

Alan