TOEFL essay: How to maintain a friendship on the Internet

[size=150]TOEFL essay[/size]

How to maintain a friendship on the Internet

Nowadays, making friends on the Internet is a fad and becomes more and more popular. People meet each other in chat rooms, in forums or while they are attending online classes. Besides conveniences given by the modern technology, this kind of friendship is easy to be broken due to many causes. Some personal sad experiences will be shown in this essay to discuss about how we can maintain online friendships.

The misunderstanding is a cause of a broken friendship. Contact online is a new way of communication, which many people are still not able to hold well. Some people have bad or too sensitive sentences, which make their partners confused. Others can not show clearly their idea without facial expression and from a long distance. Another bad example is people usually have not enough time to explain things, contacting through Internet.

The mistrust is another enemy of friendship. Having some experiences on Internet, people tend to establish a safe environment for themselves by avoiding everything, which does not meet their belief. Moreover, many people limit their relations among friends, who are known before.

Another important factor, in my opinion, is our attitude. Internet citizens have used to think that online friends come easily and they will go away easily, too. I am personally not of this kind of opinion. On the long road of your life, you sometimes have chances to meet people, who have much meaning to you. Be not careful enough and you will not meet them again, once you lost them. You sometime should regret by your actions, because despite you have a strong willingness in healing the rift, you will not be given a second chance.

Experiences are taught through expensive lessons. Writing this essay, I would like to tell someone that I feel very sorry that had some inappropriate actions, which lead me to such tough feelings. Hopefully, other people will not take the same mistakes, like mine.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and an HR interviewer

Hi,

Nowadays, making friends on the Internet is a fad/FASHION and becomes/IS BECOMING more and more popular. People meet each other in chat rooms, in forums or while they are attending online classes. Besides conveniences given by the modern technology, this kind of friendship is easy to be broken due to many causes. Some sad PERSONALexperiences will be shown in this essay to discuss about how we can maintain online friendships.

Misunderstanding is a cause of a broken friendship. Contact online is a new way of communication, which many people are still not able to hold/KEEP VERY well. Some people have/USE?? bad or too sensitive sentences, which make their partners confused. Others cannot show clearly their idea without A facial expression and from a long distance. Another bad example is people usually have not/DO NOT HAVE enough time to explain things, BY contacting through THE Internet.

Mistrust is another enemy of friendship. Having some experiences on THE Internet, people tend to establish a safe environment for themselves by avoiding everything, which does not meet their belief. Moreover, many people limit their relations among friends, who are known before.

Another important factor, in my opinion, is our attitude. Internet citizens used to think that online friends come easily and they will go away easily, too. I am personally not of this opinion. On the long road of your life, you sometimes have chances to meet people, who have much/A LOT OF meaning to you. IF YOU ARE not careful enough you will not meet them again, once you HAVE lost them. You sometimeS should regret your actions, because despite/ALTHOUGH you have a strong willingness in healing/TO HEAL the rift, you will not be given a second chance.

Experiences are taught through expensive lessons. Writing this essay, I would like to tell someone that I feel very sorry that I HAVE TAKEN some inappropriate actions, which lead me to such tough feelings. Hopefully, other people will not take/MAKE the same mistakes AS mine.

A