TOEFL Essay: complain about product/service

Essay Topic
When peple complain about a product or poor service, some prefer to complain in writing and others prefer to complain in person. Which way do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opion.

[size=150]TOEFL Essay sample[/size]

As a customer, not everyone is statisfied with even the best products or services. Consequently, complaints from customers are unavoidable. Some prefer to give complaint in writing, while others prefer to complain in person. In my opion, I prefer to have face-to-face conversation.

Firstly, I believe that it is the most economic way to complain about a product or poor service. We don’t need to spend time on thinking about what we should write down in our letter, organize it and then go to the post office to send it. It might take time for our letter to sent to the company and time to respond. In some cases, that we are made to wait so long worsens the situation in that we might get more angry or gradually forget about our complaint. We even can make a decision of not to have any contact with that company any longer. For those bad things not to happen, complaining in person helps save time. We can go to meet the manager in charge directly and the problem can be solved in a mean time.

Secondly, direct conversation can help a company and its customers understand one another more. I think every company should welcome supports from its customers. Our complaint might be the key trouble that the company has to face to. At the same time, they might be in the process of improving their products or services. Through conversation, customers can contribute to help the company, and know how they do their best to improve. The company can know what its customers expect from their products and services to make changes for the better.

Finally, complaining in person is also a very good way to improve the contact between one company and its customers. Thanks to any contribution, both sides are satisfactory. A company gains its aim and respect to please its customers, and customers, morever, have more quality products and services to choose. A tight relationship is built so that every customer and the company are considered members of the whole family. And every member supports to make their big family develop not only for the family but also for its member’s benefits.

In brief, we should complain about a product or poor service rather keeping a slient manner. However, we should be thorough and understandable. The most importance is the way we complain so that we can receive the better.

Thanks a lot.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the professor?

Hi,

Very good

Alan